1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

GMAT Prep Course

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Jackfruit, Nov 11, 2010.

1. rox1

rox1 Contributing Member

Apparently I'm not as bright as you!! :(

2. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

I actually had no idea what the GMAT was when I took it. I signed up since I had to for my Graduate admissions. I can't tell you what I made, since its been 5 years, and the minimum GMAT score needed was 450 (or at least it is now, and I can't imagine they lowered it).

Edit: Have you taken it once before? How do you know you need to study?

3. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

I don't know if that's true or not. I suspect CPA >= MBA, assuming you have no desire to do IT Project Management/Budgeting, Consumer Brand Management for a big retail company or something else without a finance or banking component.

For the CPA, all you need is the 30 or so accounting hours: which may be obtained via MS Accounting, BS Accounting or just Accounting Certificate programs at a solid public Uni.

4. rox1

rox1 Contributing Member

Never taken it before but everyone I know that has or plans to take it has or will study for it. I guess I'll take a practice test and see what level I'm at.

5. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

Have you taken it?

There's a lot of math that if you're not fresh out of high school, you may not remember.

So, yes, you need to study for it.

6. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

Sorry, I see that you've taken it.

If you want to get a 450 and go to UofH victoria (not that there's anything wrong with that), then you're fine not studying. But, if you want to go to a good school, UT, Rice, etc, you need to study. I woudln't waste my time and money going top tier school, imo.

7. juicystream

IIRC, the math wasn't overly difficult, but I did score higher on the verbal than on the math, which I've never done before in any standard testing. I didn't take a single math class in college, which probably made it harder, but I also was a very advanced math student in high school.

8. juicystream

I would. Don't waste your time if you don't need to.

Went and looked up my score & I made a 660.