1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Glass Half Full

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Trackwell, Aug 20, 2016.

1. Trackwell

Trackwell Member

I am going to get flamed for this, but I have a strong feeling that the Astros are about to go on a tear. Yes many of you have given up on the season, but I believe in the next 40 games we will win 30 of them. This season has been a roller coaster, with many more downs then ups. We had a horrid start, and great 37-16 push in the middle, and we have played terrible baseball since the All Star Break....I believe in our GM and Manager, and I KNOW that the very young talent on this team is different then any other team I have ever rooted for. I am a much bigger Rockets and Texans fan, but I can't hide the fact that I think this Astros team will be the next sports franchise to bring a parade to the Houston area...

We have 40 games left. (21 Road, 19 home) And we play a tough schedule at that

Last night was such a strange night. We gave up an MLB record 4 Homeruns in the first inning and yet our YOUNG TALENTED Astros rallied back and scored 15!

We have a very talented bullpen that continues to impress with the young arms that we continue to bring up. Our Starters have under preformed, but I believe that down the home stretch they will play ball the way that they are capable of.

Bregmen has slowly shown why he was rated the number 1 prospect in baseball.

AJ Reed has also slowly started to show life the last few weeks.

Altuve will stay at an MVP level

Correa and Springer are going to play like All Stars down the stretch

The rest of out line up is going to steadily hit timely homeruns. And a few of our players are going to really step up these next 40 games.

This team is a wild card in itself. When I look at us on paper, I see a team that is not bad....I see a team that is trying to wake up. Yes it is very late in the season, but I believe just like our GM did, that we didn't need to make a move at the All Star Break, we just needed to nourish our young talent. I believe that at the end of the day, he is going to look like a master mind for staying put and believing in all of the low 200 hitters. They are going to come around and this awful lineup that we have seen all year is about to start tearing the cover off the ball!

31-10 is how we finish the season! We are making the playoffs! Probably as a wildcard, but we are making the playoffs.

Altuve, Correa, Bregmen, Springer, Reed, Last years Cy Young, McCullers, Fister, Muscgrove and this very deep and talented bullpen our about to show they are the best team in the AL....

Flame me all you want!! I will revisit this post on October 3rd!

I never ever make predictions on here. But I have this gut feeling that the Astros Band Wagon is about to have a lot of new comers in the middle of September!!!

We might not win it all this year, but we are going to put up a great fight.

We will have a parade here in Houston to celebrate a World Series Victory in the next 3 years! ......maybe even a couple...

2 people like this.
  2. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

Great post and there is nothing wrong with thinking like you do. The Astros are due for a run. I too am very hopeful that this will happen. No matter what happens, if we finish strong it sets us up better for next year. This team has some serious talent about to break out. Just need to overhaul the bottom of the order and bring in a solid arm or two. Sky is the limit with our young nucleus.

3. Trackwell

Trackwell Member

2 in a row , 27 runs in two games. Here they come ...

4. UND3RxOATH

UND3RxOATH Member

I want to believe.

5. Snake Diggit

Snake Diggit Member

There is a scenario where the AL East eats each other and Houston goes on a tear and they make the playoffs. There's about a 10% chance of that happening. No harm in being optimistic if you don't get too invested. Of course I'm hopeful but I'm not laying any money down.

I am pretty optimistic about the next 2-3 years. I'd say there's about a 30% that the Astros will win the WS by 2020, which is pretty high.

6. Trackwell

Trackwell Member

3 in a row against a team with the best home record in the AL. The new Cuban gets a hit in his first at bat. Last year's Cy Young looks like his 2015 self. Here we come. Day at a time , talent will prevail

7. vince

vince Member

It is a glut of talented teams vying for the last wild card spot. This will be a combination of staying healthy, getting on a long win streak, getting the lucky bounce, etc.

It's not just one team we are chasing, it's quite a few that are within striking distance of the wild card spot. And they are all talented.

At this point The Rangers are so far ahead, you can't realistically expect to catch them, without them imploding.

But 3.5 out at this point isn't bad. It's doable.

8. Nimo

Nimo Member

This is not glass half full; this is "I got the winning ticket for next week's jackpot!"

9. Rockets Pride

Rockets Pride Member

September start is just brutal.
    At Rangers
    At Indians
    Cubs
    Rangers

10. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Huge uphill climb, but so far so good.

Respect for putting yourself out there.

May Gomez infect the Rangers too.

11. Trackwell

Trackwell Member

We are not catching the Rangers. But the wild card is in reach with 38 games left. This is not a one in a million, more like 2 or 3 out of ten. Honestly, I would rather let the games play out then take a 30 percent chance of squeezing in. This team does not have to play above their head, they just need to play capable baseball. We have all the pieces in place to pull this off. People are sleeping on how great this talent is. It is unproven in some ways, but the ceiling of this talent is much much much higher then any other team in the AL. Only the Cubs have parallel talent. 38 games left , I'll cash that lottery ticket with you come playoffs.

12. Trackwell

Trackwell Member

I agree with you... But I'm not looking at all the teams in front of the Astros. If we go 31 and 10 the rest of the way. We are blowing past all of them.

13. Nimo

Nimo Member

I'm not mad at you. Keep the optimism up, I'm not trying to quench that. But the longest shot of your dream is that the Astros will play .750 ball the rest of the season. You say don't sleep on the talent on the Astros, also don't sleep on the talent on the teams they are trying to catch up with.

14. Trackwell

Trackwell Member

750 ball for a season is almost impossible. But for 6 weeks it's totally doable if we are firing on not all but most cylndars . At times this year we have had great starting pitching , great reliepitching pitching, and rarely good hitting. I just believe it will all come to fruition. The schedule is brutal but it ends very easy. Day at a time.

15. Nimo

Nimo Member

[​IMG]

16. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

If the Astros win 92 games, they will almost definitely get a Wild Card. Only twice since the new play-in game has that not been enough and last years NL Central was a crazy aberration to the norm.

My favorite scenario would for Altuve to continue his recent tear and Astros to get in, while the Blue Jays falter down the stretch. Altuve may get a legit look for MVP votes in that case.

17. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

We have 38 games left. I think we may need to win a minimum of 27 to get the wild card spot. With our schedule that would be something special. Just keep winning series, home or road.

18. Snake Diggit

Snake Diggit Member

24-14 might be enough. But even that's a pretty tough mark to meet considering how tough the schedule is. I'd say the odds are ~15%.

19. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

.500 teams do this. Go on a roll, win a bunch and then convert back to a losing streak. We're a .500 team, especially with this starting pitching staff. Like seeing the rookies play though. Hopefully some are gone next year for a full blown #1 or #2 reliable starter.

20. conquistador#11

the race is bewteen, Orioles, Mariners, Tigers, Astros, KC, and the yanks for the last spot.
    everyone's schedule is just as difficult. The Mariners have to face us head to head as many times. The Orioles will probably be 8 games above .500 by the last day of August.
    excluding baltimore, Astros have been just as streaky as all of those teams in the race. Peaks and valleys at different points in time.