1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

[Glass-Half-Full]Who do you want to face in the first round?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by AggieRocketsFan, Dec 13, 2010.

?

Who do you want to face in the first round?

1. San Antonio Spurs

79 vote(s)
    35.0%
  2. Dallas Mavericks

53 vote(s)
    23.5%
  3. Los Angeles Lakers

94 vote(s)
    41.6%
  1. acsorelle4

acsorelle4 Member

Anyone but the Spurs, Mavs or Jazz.

2. MajorSeanBond

MajorSeanBond Member

This thread is pointless. This team will not make the playoffs. As much as I hate saying it, I have to be realistic. Besides, we need to pick up some serious talent and the draft is probably our best bet.

3. gah

gah Member

Here is a pro about facilitating the Melo to NY trade, with him you still have to count them in the race, without him the Nuggets most surely slip out of the picture.

With the possibility of Denver and maybe Portland slipping, as of now the playoffs are well within reach if we don't sabotage ourselves.

4. apollo33

apollo33 Member

What's more important is who do we wanna face in the Finals

I vote Heat lol

5. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Probably the Spurs. Maybe catch some luck and they get some age related injuries.

6. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

We matchup better against the Lakers.

7. Sanity2disChaos

Hopefully we get the 8th so it will be either the lakers or SA.

8. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

The Mavs, I can't shake the feeling that they would be the most likely to choke.

Although if the Spurs or Lakers suffer any injuries to key role players, they'd be a win able match up.

9. rju1986

rju1986 Member

I chose the Spurs.. We would be a force with having Yao Ming and A.Brooks by the time playoffs hit (assuming we get that team chemistry rolling). Spurs are getting old, one of them is getting injured.. I'm still sour with what Ginobili dd to Brooks. Surprised the Lakers are the preferred 1st round matchup.

10. Prince

Prince Member

To borrow Clyde's favorite word... 'virtually',

if we make it to the playoffs, we can beat 'vitually' anyone. :grin:

11. Juxtaposed Jolt

As of right now, San Antonio.

I know they are, statistically, the best team in the league right now, but this hot streak won't last forever.

Plus, the big three are still old; nothing can change that. To be honest, I'm not tryin to be rude to the org, but they can't stay healthy forever; injuries will hit.

I think when all is said and done, LA will be top seed, while the rest of the west struggles to catch up.

12. ind0fo0

ind0fo0 Contributing Member

Lakers. We have no chance this year, might as well have a fun series to watch. Plus, we ALWAYS play our hardest against this team. Something about being the underdog just sparks this team... Lakers in 6.

Edit: Plus, a series with the Lakers will most likely net us JVG for atleast 3 of the games! JVG JVG JVG /salivation.

#32 ind0fo0, Dec 13, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2010
  13. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

IMHO, there isn't a true franchise player in this draft. There may be a bunch of really good players, but I'd rather make the playoffs than get a really good player.

If I'm going to tank it's going to be for a sure thing.

14. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

The Lakers?! I'm sorry, but a hungry Kobe is a lot more difficult to defeat than say.. p***y ass Dirk Nowitzski... or old ass Tim Duncan.

15. SunsRocketsfan

dont forget JJ Barea.. that guy always kills us too

16. rockets247

rockets247 Rookie

I would like to see the team first QUALIFY FOR THE PLAYOFFS before we talk about who we play in the 1st round.

17. Half Nelson

Half Nelson Member

The Mavs for some reason scare me. They just have so many offensive options on that team not to mention Rockets killer Jason Terry. I want to say the Lakers because we usually compete well against them. Still, thy're the champs. I'll have to go with the Spurs, even though they have the best record so far.

18. Rockzilla

Rockzilla Member

Rockets arent good enough to make the playoffs so when even make a thread about it?

19. rockets247

rockets247 Rookie

Because the possibility still looms for them. (9-14) isn't playoff bound but with 59 games to go, anything can happen and a lot will change between now and then. I would like to see the team qualify for the playoffs before the discussion of who we would want to see the Rockets play topic exists.

20. AggieRocketsFan

Are you also going to make us wait until game 7 of both conference finals are over to see who "qualifies" before we get to talk about who we want to go all the way?

Do I have to wait until all the official candidates for Michael Scott's replacement are announced before I talk about how funny The Office would be with Danny McBride?!?!?!

If you don't want to see this thread then move along. Start a thread about which lotto pick we qualify for at the moment. Just don't talk about who you want to pick because they might not be qualified for the draft in 192 days.