1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

"Give them some ____ing credit"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Road Rash, Oct 28, 2010.

1. Road Rash

Road Rash Member

just like phil jackson said it.

A lot of people on this forum overreact when things don't always go as planned. Trade Brooks, trade Shane, Jeffries, we are pretenders etc, fire the coach etc. 2 games into the season... :rolleyes:

We played a horrible 2nd half against the Lakers and still only lost by 2. As far as tonight's game, the Warriors were UNBELIEVABLE. They really just had a great game and there shooters were on fire knocking down everything they threw up. We played decent, but they came out with more energy and rhythm, sometimes when a team is hot like that, they can beat any team in the league if they're not playing at their best. When they knock down almost every shot they take, it naturally drains the momentum of our team.

The 2 first games of the season we lost, but that should give us some experience. It's time to come home and have some practices, i'm sure Adelman has some things he's going to address with the team. We will improve and have our winning streaks and everyone here will think we're the best team in the league. This ain't football, it's a long season and there's more than 16 games to be played. There's no way our team won't pick things up with the amount of talent and depth we have. BTW: look at the Jazz; a lot of NBA "experts" thought they would be better than the Rockets, but they got blown out tonight.

Just saying, our team will come around and we will be kickin ass. As fans we need to man-up and fan-up, which means we should support our team through the hard times, and not act like 2 losses against good teams means we should be in panic mode.

just the way i look at things.

1 person likes this.
  2. Mattj

Mattj Member

You can give them credit, I'll just point out that the Warriors are a lottery team and if the Rockets intend to make the playoffs they should probably win a game like this. The broadcast I watched seemed to indicate that the Warriors were a contender. Really Bill and Bull? Looked like the same team to me. Missing Lowry murders the perimeter defense for this team, but I'd love to hear Gene Hackman's reasoning for his 7 footers playing 3 minutes tonight. If Jordan Hill and Brad Miller suck that much, why are they on the team?

I watched 5 different NBA teams break out a zone defense last night in various situations (thanks free NBA league pass). I saw 12 different teams do something called double teaming the basketball. Maybe, just maybe when a guy is going for 46 you keep the ball out of his hands or you go to a box and 1. I'm not saying it works, I just know what the Rockets were doing on defense was fairly futile.

3. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

Because we can't get anyone better.

This team as is is in no way a good defensive team. The only shot blocker we have plays 61 games max and 24 minutes a game at most. Our starting backcourt is poor defensively and our starting wing defender has played below expectations. Our starting PF is below average on D. We just have too many poor defenders on the team to play better defense. When we had top 5 defenses, Yao played 33+ minutes, we had a defensive minded shotblocker in Dikembe backing him up, Alston was a good defender, and when healthy T-mac could play D when he wanted to. This team has nowhere the defensive ability as that team and it's time to face facts.

4. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

But we do need to Trade Shane he lost his first step and the guy is on the decline mode.

5. Slimjim19

Slimjim19 Member

He's on the decline but so are a lot of other players. For example, Garnett is looking terribly slow out there right now, but that doesn't mean Boston should try to trade him. Yao and Scola are 30+ too, does that mean we should trade them?

6. spdngyns69

spdngyns69 Member

Absolutely not! Some people just don't get it. Lets just be thankful that Morey isn't like some of these fans and jump off the ship after TWO games into the season.

7. Hui

Hui Member

I still remember a few years back when the Spurs had a bad record start it was something like 6 wins and 4 losses and they picked up their wins and still made it into playoffs.. I am sure the Rockets cana adjust. They arent lossing by large margins they are still in progress.

8. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

Those guys aren't guarding the other team's most athletic player and best scorer....

If a PF loses a step, they can generally still do a pretty good job of defending. If a SG/SF loses a step, a lot more of their effectiveness goes right out the window... especially when your biggest role is to stay in front of the other team's best player and force him into tough shots.

Battier has lost a step (maybe even a step and a half), and his biggest asset (defense) is going down hill right now. Personally, I don't think the Rockets should bail on him just yet, but after a month or so, if he's still playing like this, it's time to move on.

9. G-Money

G-Money Member

Maybe that's because our defense sucks and without defense, we're not contenders.

10. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

Even without any trades I see a path for us to be a good team. Even a contender in the playoffs

#10 Old Man Rock, Oct 28, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2010