1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Give Stone his credit

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rocketchamp, Jun 24, 2023.

1. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Clutch, Patrick created another alt account.

lakersuck2, snowconeman22 and Jontro like this.
  2. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

How do you know that? You say things so confidently for someone who is wrong 90% of the time. However, you are right that Stone has been brilliant in executing phase 1. He has not faltered at all from what he said was going to make happen. Our cupboard is full at exactly the time he planned. Now we will see if he has the chops to build a championship team and ignore the public and DD’s outcry to spend enormous money on crap players like FVV or guys that want more than they are worth like Jaylen Brown or Dillon Brooks (I think Ime may pushing for this one).

cbass, topfive and napalm06 like this.
  3. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

Apologies?

4. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

Nothing to do with Harden abandoning the city and team of course...

5. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

its hardens fault for trading a mvp for tari eason and victor oladipo

snowconeman22 likes this.
  6. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

CP3 was an MVP?

7. HTownTmac1

HTownTmac1 Member

I feel pretty great and optimistic with the way things have unfolded .. I mean I hope y’all can realize Udoka (who most were hoping for) saw houston as the top destination and wanted to be here the most ! He has said many times this team is oozing with talent and that’s what attracted him ALONG with all the capspace we have … that should say something about the good job stone has done so far regardless of our record the past couple of seasons ! It’s all been a chess NOT a checkers match ! Sit back and relax

rocketchamp and Jayzers_100 like this.
  8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

I just know - and am right more often than not.....but do have some big misses.

For example, I don't want FVV at all, but love the narrative you are trying to create.

DD

9. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

Rockets control free agency. Stone got lucky?

10. CarlosGM

CarlosGM Member

Actually, we traded Harden for being able to get Jalen Green, Jabari Smith and Amen Thompson. And more Nets’ picks on the way

rocketchamp likes this.
  11. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

Being garbage isnt an achievement. Any coke head off the street could have done what stone and patrick have accomplished

Also a team with an all star and 11 more wins got a higher pick than us. So no, making horrible trades for nothing in return isnt necessary for getting a good pick

12. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

ya drinking glue bro

13. JW86

JW86 Member

Stone has been great, though the Oladipo saga and not getting a player worthy in the Harden deal was a bit of a downer, but I wasn't on that train. I like the guy still, but I won't give him full credit until he nails Free Agency and we can see what direction we're going. Dillon Brooks signing would be put a huge dent in his reputation.

rocketchamp likes this.
  14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

As much as you control this thread.

15. Ancient Moabite

Full blown rebuilds are tough to go thru, but don't be naive and think the NBA doesn't operate on one accord

Reason Portland was gifted Henderson pick was because they are more likely to move Dame soon and build around their young pieces

I feel most would rather have the past 3 drafts and Nets picks than the damaged goods that is currently B Simmons

Once Harden publicly dissed the Rockets it hurt the Rockets leverage/value when dealing with those alleged teams Harden had on his wish list

Outside of the KD trade that Nets did and got in return, what did other teams get from their trades besides a bunch of picks/swaps(like Rockets got)?

16. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

You cant just say “oh it was rigged anyway” anytime another team does better. We were lucky to even win a 50/50 and keep our own pick

And it doesnt make sense to group green, jabari, amen as if they were part of the trade. They werent. What we actually got is tari eason, likely 2 equally mediocre players and the choice to “swap” picks with a better team

17. YOLO

YOLO Member

Good job telling folks fat ass Nix was a lottery talent. you had a lot of casuals believe it and hype up a scrub

clos4life and harold bingo like this.
  18. Ancient Moabite

Operating on one accord or doing what is best as an association(all teams) is how the NBA operates

Everything in entertainment goes off a planned script behind the scenes, so rather you want to call it fixed/rigged/handler or whatever else word of art it still doesn't take away from how the NBA will keep a small or medium/large market with at least one player they can pawn off to fans as being a said franchise player/lotto pick

The Rockets were ''lucky'' to pick the Nets over the Sixers package for Harden

Or I can flip it around and say well it wasn't lucky to win a 50/50 and keep their own pick, I can say it was them just being blessed by the bball gods

It even seems like the NBA gods gifted Rockets extra lotto pick(Whitmore) since they don't own next yr pick and they never got the 1st overall since they traded their then franchise all NBA player Harden

The Harden trade (request) was the blueprint for this full blown 3 yr planned rebuild, what they got from actual Nets package is inclusive with that

If you want to add Westbrook trade to Wizards being part of the all out tank plans then you can as well

JumpMan likes this.
  19. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

20. ico4498

ico4498 Member
    Supporting Member

gonna wait till we better 22 wins in a season ...

clos4life likes this.