1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Give props to Asik

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by atwood, May 1, 2014.

1. infinite-loop

infinite-loop Member

Two thumbs up for Asik.

2. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Some one that is at least half as good of a defender and rebounder and a better finisher? And possibly cheaper?

Robin Lopez would've been a decent option. Dalembert woul've been nice as well.

The Jazz have some young bigs that could potentially fill that role.

I like Brandon Wright in Dallas. Tyson Chandler might be ready for a back up role when his contract is up. Minnesotta has dieng and Peckovic.

Maybe Pau Gasol. Larry Sanders...Zaza Pachulia...Koufous...McGee...Okafor...Varejo maybe when his contract is up...

Hell...Chuck Hayes isn't the shot blocker or disrupter Asik is, but his defense was pretty good here...

Pretty sure there are some guys I'm missing...Plus there are possibly some young guys in the draft that could be ok options in a couple of years.

3. atwood

atwood Member

Another thing I would like to point out is that, Asik sets the best pick in this team. He is really an important force on our offense set. Not necessarily meaning he has to be the finisher, which he doesn't do well besides dunking.

4. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

This maybe shocking. I believe Asik has the highest basketball IQ on our team. He just doesn't have the physical coordination to be a good offensive player.

He does everything the right way, from playing man defense, PnR defense, help defense, boxing out, rebounding, outlet passing, pick setting, offensive rebounding. I seldom see him out of position or make bad decision on the court. And he plays hard. If he had the same physical coordination as Howard, he'd be the best center by a mile.

5. mylilpony

mylilpony Member

6. fuzzthetone

fuzzthetone Member

And mchale claimed that he couldnt coexist with Dwight...

7. bingsha10

bingsha10 Member

Asik just upping his trade value TBH.

8. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Untradeable IMO

9. SLRokJok

SLRokJok Member

Agreed. But shouldn't that be something he should already be used to doing??? I mean he's a Center for Pete's sake, and has been for quite some time i'm sure. What else has he been practicing his whole career on the Rox, in the NBA, overseas, and while growing up?

10. yummyhawtsauce

11. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

he did a lot of good things last night but i hate it when he gets a rebound or a pass and has to gather himself before going up. he gets blocked and ripped SO MANY TIMES.

12. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

Asik is a big reason why we are still in this series. It's a tremendous luxury to have someone of his caliber come off the bench, but we desperately need it.

I never had a doubt keeping him was a necessity.

13. Hilarious

Hilarious Member

He started with 17 to play Ball afaik and had some half season long injuries his first 2 years in turkey (not my own knowledge, but thats what you find in the net if you google him).
    So practically no he didn't had enough time to develop those skills because he wasn't supposed to have ANY offensive role in Chicago either.

14. kfmfe04

kfmfe04 Member

Asik is the most underrated (and probably under-appreciated) player on this team