1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Give me one good reason please!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by deb4rockets, May 21, 2018.

1. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

We need a backup center so bad!!!!

2. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Clint has been mia

3. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

The reason he only played 21 minutes is because he as dogging it out there. And the game was over by the 3rd quarter anyway.

4. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

5. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Then maybe the ones who were bricking shots and not dogging it but playing like bench backups should have sat out instead. Our 4 for 15 shot type guys.

6. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

that's just sad that Clint allows a little guy like Draymond to box him out consistently. I don't care if Draymond is a "great" defensive player.

It makes me sick how the Warriors are constantly enabled by teams that just can't get over the hump. Keep on making the Warriors look good and unbeatable.......very irksome.

I don't respect the Warriors as much as the majority do. I despise what KD did and will feel that way for probably the rest of my life as an NBA fan. I despise Draymond and Curry and to an extent Klay (he's the least despised of the bunch).

I don't think I ever despised the Kobe/Shaq Lakers as much as I do the Warriors, and that's saying quite a bit for me personally.

Lastly, I despise the Rockets (now) for making fools of themselves and us fans. Being the pyrite that made us all believe they were going to win it all this year and stomp the Warriors. This team has no heart when it mattered most. It's not about getting thumped by 30 or 40, it's about the HOW that happened...and usually the "how" and the "result" go hand in hand.......lack of effort and focus...inexcusable.

It's not about losing game 3.....but the Rockets didn't even get up to fight at all in game 3....that's what is such a downer for fans. This team deserves every bit of criticism/chiding they will get because they did it to themselves. I don't know about you all, but I for one am very tired of the narrative of "backs against the wall" or "Rockets will come back playing hard and win the next game because they haven't lost 2 in a row". No matter how you look at it, that is the wrong mentality and certainly not championship quality. It's consistently playing with fire and taking things for granted.

This team sucks for not getting up for the most pivotal game of the West Finals against no less....the Warriors.

"what have the Rockets done for us lately?".......NOTHING but frustrate the fan base and let them down yet again.

IvanLCPM, lw17 and deb4rockets like this.
  7. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Well you're describing pretty much the whole team. Capela was not effective last game, noticeably so. He was getting beaten for rebounds repeatedly and not running hard.

8. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

My thoughts exactly on everything you said!!!!

lw17 and DavidRocket like this.
  9. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Whoever replaced him had more rebounds and a higher shot percentage I guess. Somehow I just feel adjustments would have been a smarter option. The rest are one game wonders at times but brick layers for the most part.

10. basketballholic

And this is precisely why you can't pay Capela superstar money. Because he's not. He's an average center in today's NBA despite all the hype. You cannot pay a guy big money to be your third best player and then have to bench him or limit his minutes in the playoffs because he isn't helping you. We're already doing that with Anderson. Can you imagine having $45 million in salary riding the pine while we're playing the Warriors?

Warriors did to Capela what has always worked. They ran him down the floor a couple times, got him gassed, and then they went right at him.

Capela is just not good enough to help us win this series. Barring a miraculous turnaround for Luc, we need to try .......... Qi. He at least can get up and down and since the series has gone physical, LIKE THE PLAYOFFS ALWAYS DO, .... it wouldn't hurt to run him out there to tangle up Draymond.

lw17 and deb4rockets like this.
  11. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

I agree, but we need backup centers, not small ball one game wonders and brick layers.
    As for overpaid players, well I personally think a few more deserve that list for the lame shooting percentages, sloppy play, lame defensive effort, lack of effort in hustling, and less than star mentality we should be getting for the money.

basketballholic and lw17 like this.
  12. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

13. Russjr2

Russjr2 Contributing Member

Clint doesn't create his own shots, therefore he can be taken away by a good team like this. If he was a threat to post up and go to work it would be a whole lot different out there.

lw17 likes this.
  14. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

That may be true but he had already made 6 shots when others had one or 2 and loads of bricks. They pulled him and the game went downhill quick.

15. Russjr2

He made those shots on lobs and a couple rebounds, he wasn't commanding that ball and going to work on the block. Look I like Clint and what he brings, but when we fall behind he is not a guy to go and get you buckets. He also is not a good FT shooter so that does not help either when you need pts. We fell behind off stagnant offense and TOs (by the Gs and wings), both lead to G St getting out in transition. We have to play at a faster pace. G St is too good defensively to slow it down and let them set up their D. We need to pick up the pace and attack earlier.

deb4rockets likes this.
  16. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

This is where the dribble, dribble, dribble and last second passes and shots is a style that our coach needs to fix right now then!

lw17 likes this.
  17. lw17

lw17 Member

Joe Chee and DeMarcus Cousins!

18. Russjr2

Yes, I agree with that. I think the whole team needs to be aware of that. James seems to want to shake and shake to see if the defense will move before he makes his move. That leads to those possessions.

I have said this since October, we still need a wing or PF that can create his own shot. All of our offense is generated from above the Ft line, that makes it easier to defend. If Ariza, Tuck, or Mbate could handle and finish better we would be much tougher to defend. I wish Iso Joe still had something left. He used to be able to get it on the wing/block and create problems. I think that is what we need right now to combat the dribble dribble dribble up top.

IvanLCPM, bj3175 and deb4rockets like this.
  19. SS0101

SS0101 Member

Good news guys! The last time he suggested this nonsense we won 3 straight. Rockets in 6!

IvanLCPM likes this.
  20. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

The series has gone "physical" and the answer is Qi? :eek:

IvanLCPM likes this.