1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Girl advice] How should I proceed?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Mizhemp, Apr 11, 2012.

1. Mizhemp

Mizhemp Member

I took this girl out Saturday, she came over about midnight and we went over to The Yard over in City Centre, hung out there until last call, then went back to my place and hung out drank another beer or two, and she left around 3 a.m. I though it went well, she laughed a lot, and we jelled personality wise I think. She kept saying I was very sweet.

She texted me the next morning around 10am and said, “I had fun last night :).” Then she thanked me for the Tulips I had gotten her, said they were her favorite flowers and nobody had ever gotten her them before. We exchanged a few texts throughout Sunday. I was spending it alone since my family doesn’t live in Houston anymore, and she said she felt sorry for me, that she would have invited me over to spend Easter with her but “meeting her parents is a slow process.” *So we just kind of randomly text throughout the day.

Monday morning rolls around and she e-mailed me back on this joke e-mail I had sent to a dozen or so co-workers (we work together, to an extent… yeah I know, dont mix work and pleasure), and she was talking about how she needed to go get a drink after work. I told her she didn’t have plans with her girlfriends, I’d be happy to take her out to get that drink. She replied that she was going to the Astros game that night with her girlfriend, but that if she didn’t come, that I could come if I wanted. I told her I’d love to. Well, 4:30 rolls around and her friend is coming, so she texts me and says her friend is coming, but to see if I can get tickets for the seats next to hers (our firm has a set season tickets that we give to everyone – 4 seats down 3rd base line). I wasn’t able to since the HR lady who holds on to them had left. So I texted her I wasn’t going to be able to, and she responded with a “:(”. Anyway, Later that night she texts me a picture of her and her friend while at the ball game.

Tuesday rolls around, and I text her around 9:30 once I got settled in at the office and asked her how it went, and she said it was fun and asked how the rest of my Monday night went. I fired back with another joke and she came back with an “lol” … and that’s the last that I’ve heard from her. I didn’t text her anymore because I felt like I was the one that usually texted her first, and I don’t want to push the issue so much and end up being “that guy” who comes off smothering. I would have thought after not hearing from me since yesterday morning that she might have texted, called, or emailed me by now, but since I haven’t, I’m starting to wonder if she’s interested.

The lack of a message from her is puzzling, given the context of Saturday and Sunday. The fact that SHE texted me first Sunday morning to tell me she had a good time the night before I thought was a good sign, the comment about me meeting her parents being a slow process I thought suggested she was open, but obviously wants to be cautious going forward, and her texting me while she was at the game with her girlfriend showed she was thinking of me while I wasn’t around and while she was with her bestie, which has to be another good sign.

Of course, this could all be explained considering what I do: I work for a CPA firm as a tax accountant, and we’re obviously very busy right now. She works as an administrative assistant. She may not be texting/emailing/calling because she thinks my lack of communication is because I’m so busy right now.

Should I go ahead and text or call her? Or cut my losses? Should I give it another day? How should I proceed Clutchfans?

2. The Drake

The Drake Member

She likes you.

If you want to talk to her again, text her. Just say you got caught up with work and you want to take her out for a drink or whatever.

3. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

Where is the pole? :p

4. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Sweet Jesus, just call her... You guys have to stop thinking so much.

1 person likes this.
  5. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

Was this the first date ever in your life?

2 people like this.
  6. Eric Riley

Eric Riley Contributing Member

Forget all this texting business. How about you make an actual CALL?

7. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Dude, just call her. You're obviously a smart guy (tax accountant) and it's clear she likes you, so quit playing these high school texting games and CALL THE WOMAN.

These are the things adults do. :)

8. Precision340

Precision340 Member

ask her out again, enjoy the time you spend with her, ask her to come to your place for the night... and then sex! ;)

you're welcome!

9. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

Dude, you're over-thinking it.

It's the middle of the week and it's only been a day and a half. If you want to strike up conversation just do it (and i wouldn't apologize or make excuses for not talking to her for a day). Make some plans to take her out again or get together...if she blows you off then that'll mean she's not interested.

Edit: Ditto on the calling more than texting. Texting is okay but make sure you actually call too. It's ridiculous to try to get to know someone or hold long convos through texting.

10. 00rocketgirl

00rocketgirl Contributing Member

Yes she likes you. She likely wouldn't have asked you to get tickets to the game nor sent a picture nor mentioned anything about the slow process of meeting her parents if she didn't.

Sometimes you just don't know what to reply to a joke other than LOL if you can't thing of anything clever to say back at the time. She might be thinking on the other end "I texted him last with LOL is he just never going to text me again?"

Text her or call her! ask her out again. Over the phone would give you a better idea by her tone or pauses if she's still interested when you ask her out.

11. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Sounds like it.

12. wtfamonkey

wtfamonkey Member

Friend zoned

13. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Dude, just pound a sheep instead.

1 person likes this.
  14. bnb

bnb Contributing Member

it's been, what, almost 48 hours since she texted? Don't call. That would be setting the expectations too high.

15. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

text he "when u gonna let me tap dat?"

seriously though, call her and leave a voicemail if you have to, but tell her youre taking her out this weekend so she can either call you back and give you a time to pick her up or you will just show up randomnly

16. YaosDirtyStache

why? why? tell her its just human nature.
    Why? why do you do her that way?

17. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

Anonymously leave a tulip on her desk. See what she does...

1 person likes this.
  18. jank1434

jank1434 Contributing Member

Smooth... and sneaky

1 person likes this.
  19. CCorn

CCorn Member

She wants you. Time to move on ;).

Don't come on too strong wait for her to contact you again, then invite her out again.

20. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

What is with you guys?? JUST CALL HER! She's obviously interested in you. What's with the over-thinking these days?!?