1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Gina Carano's Amazing Acting Career Watch

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Xerobull, Aug 31, 2022.

1. dmoneybangbang

Just a terrible example…. Cars vs viruses?

Try again.

Sure it does. How does it benefit the US to have more of the globe and its resources fall into our enemies’ hands?

The fact that N Korea, Iran, Russia, and China agree with you should give you pause… because they are most definitely spending resources to expand their own influence.

2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

AroundTheWorld and Salvy like this.
  3. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

We should ban most cars and lean into heavy public transportation, zoning to facilitate easier commutes to stores, etc, but I digress because I know it's just a waste of time to debate.

I've heard these paired arguments all my life, mostly from smokers. 'If this doesn't kill me, something will!' 'It's my right to smoke!' Where are they now? If they didn't quit (big outlier) they're mostly dead or gasping for breath at the ends of their lives now.

Do you wear clothes on a hot day? How about a shirt or shoes into stores? It's because it's the social norm, not because it's comfortable or it's your freedom to do so. Take your shirt off next time it hits 100, you'll feel much better. Go to the mall and tout your freedom.

Invisible Fan likes this.
  4. Nook

Nook Member

[​IMG]

KingCheetah likes this.
  5. Nook

Nook Member

[​IMG]

6. tinman

Supporting Member

She kept her Disney emails
    Elon’s lawyers are going to clean them
    @Xerobull
    @Salvy
    @ROXRAN

They are going to fly the X wing fighter over the Woke Star and blow it up
    Using for the force of Non Woke

ROXRAN likes this.
  7. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

We should ban most Caranos

8. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Chevy stopped making those last month.

Invisible Fan and B-Bob like this.
  9. tinman

Supporting Member

10. tinman

Supporting Member

Salvy and GOATuve like this.
  11. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Yea I changed my mind hope she does some damage

tinman and GOATuve like this.
  12. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Unsafe at any speed

13. GOATuve

GOATuve Member

I don't know too much about her outside of her having a few exciting fights in MMA but I will certainly be rooting for her against Disney

tinman likes this.
  14. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Comparing yourself to holocaust victims because you feel you can't share bigoted views is going to get you fired from a lot of jobs - liberal or conservative.

Jturbofuel likes this.
  15. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

the same media companies that has been firing people, harrassing and blackmailing them for any pro palestinian posts. I don't agree with Gina, but **** these media virtue signalers

tinman likes this.
  16. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Oh f-ing spare me. This coming from people who are actively trying to cancel Taylor freaking Swift and the NFL because heaven forbid the world’s biggest star just might potentially express an opinion in the future that isn’t right wing hate.

You guys are not even hiding the shameless hypocrisy.

Also Gina Carano is a horrible actor. She has a great look for action roles and can do a lot of cool stunts given her MMA career. But there’s not one director in Hollywood that would be dumb enough to have given her a role in a drama that required actual nuances of facial expression and emotional weight.

I’m so sorry that Disney was so mean to remove her from a role where she stoically sat there drinking a drink with an alien and two droids in non action scenes talking in a monotone voice. Disney really deprived us of the next Meryl Streep.

Susan Sarandon says dumb sh$t all the time and you know why she still works??… because she can freaking act.

Get off your high horse people. You guys engage in cancel culture waaaaayyyy more and way more shamelessly than the left ever could imagine. You’re just mad that corporation have data that shows that pissing off the left affects the bottom line way more than pissing off a couple neo nazi MAGA bros.

Ottomaton likes this.
  17. tinman

Supporting Member

Woke people hate strong women cause they aren’t transgender fat mute chicks

@Salvy
    @CrixusTheUndefeatedGaul

Gina would be the dog crap out of these wokes

the people not the wokes got her back

Salvy likes this.
  18. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Hahaha. *fire emoji*

Yeah, I'll just add this for the conservative butthurt over Carano.
    Did it ever strike y'all as funny that you could not bring yourselves to say both of these things:
    1. "Colin Kaepernick doesn't have an NFL job mainly b/c he's not a very good quarterback," and...
    2. "Gina Carano doesn't have acting jobs mainly b/c she's not very good at acting."

I would actually agree with both of those hot takes, FWIW. But by all means, be very angry about both fairly trivial issues facing people who already have plenty of money.

#WokeWars .... like an interesting war, but not, b/c only one side is fighting.

19. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Getting fired by Disney was the best career move Gina Carano ever made. Without, her acting career arc would have had the staying power of an actor extraordinaire like the very comparable Brian Bosworth. Instead, she's going to be feeding on a steady stream of conservative social warrior tears for the rest of her life.

20. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You can get fired for participating in any protest - pro-Palestinian or pro-Israeli. Political speech is not protected speech.