1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Gina Carano's Amazing Acting Career Watch

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Xerobull, Aug 31, 2022.

1. King1

King1 Contributing Member

You're going to have to type like an adult. Your posts read like children's texts

2. King1

You are a liar. That's OK but I'm not stupid

3. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

if u have nothing to add to the post then don't bother replying

Calling folks woke idiots when you have the exact thought about this sht movie like the rest of us.

A sht movie is a sht movie.

4. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

IIRC, there was a moment when she could have "apologized" and basically signaled that she was willing to "play ball" where Disney was going to patch things up and she chose to double down on controversy. I would argue that she was shown the door more because she decided she'd rather be outspoken and controversial than part of the "team", which Disney control freaks viewed as a liability, more than for her views.

Honestly, I think she's probably happier being this culture warrior than she would have been in Hollywood, so even though the film is objectively terrible, it probably may have been a good decision for her if she feels better about herself. She was not exactly the "female Laurence Olivier" anyway, so her career prospects were probably limited in how much further it could grow.

#44 Ottomaton, Sep 1, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2022
  5. King1

It's a **** movie but you still type like one of my children

6. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

This actress > alex baldwin

7. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

What am I lying about?

8. King1

You aren't a Republican.

9. bobrek

Which of those items show that I don't vote Republican?

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  10. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

He got u there bobrek.

Do you have a record from the Austin PD proving you and your family members are Republican?

How can we be sure your clutchfans account wasnt bought by Soros or Ukranian agents to counter Russian agents like @pgabriel ???

pgabriel likes this.
  11. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

The rest of the comment was essentially that we should not foster hate against people who disagree with us politically. See Gina Carano's tweets and posts that got her fired (nypost.com) It is about the dangers of dehumanizing people of another group.
    I never saw Carano support QAnon, but if she did that would be pretty nutso (but probably not something to be fired over).

#51 StupidMoniker, Sep 1, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2022
  12. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I will admit I havent followed the story or her career that closely. Even if she stood by what she said I’m not fully comfortable with firing people over political positions that don’t directly affect their work. I understand why Disney decided to do it because they felt that viewers wouldn’t separate her views from her character and feel Disney was being complicit by keeping her around. I think that’s a culture problem.

Whether she’s happier now or not I have no idea. If she is then more power to her.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  13. bobrek

[Wahhhhh].... watch what you say. Do you know who I am? Ask Clutch who I am[/wahhhhh]

Invisible Fan likes this.
  14. King1

Tag me if you want to talk, dummy.

Imagine having a life so pathetic you have to lie on a basketball message board

15. King1

@bobrek caring what a WMMA fighter thinks 24-7. See how a tagged you? Might want to spend a little less time on lying about your political affiliation and trying on new dresses. You're old but hopefully they still fit you (I know you probably have never been in a gym)

16. bobrek

Yet you still haven't cited a single thing I have posted that "proves" I don't vote Republican. Not sure what being a WMMA fighter has to do with anything.

My life is just fine. I'm not a loser because I am married and have kids and grandkids.

17. King1

I'm not wasting anymore time. Good luck lying on the internet.

18. bobrek

Good luck with your WMMA career.

jiggyfly, Blatz and Xerobull like this.
  19. King1

You're a clown. Good luck with being obsessed with Gina Carano and being a shitty parent.

20. apollo33

apollo33 Member

It was also the timing of when she said those thing imo. It was the height of Covid, and people were quite sensitive about everything vaccine, election fraud and everything else. Everything was getting cancelled during that time, I guess Disney had a reason to worry.

On the other hand, I always wondered if Gina doubled down and wanted to get fired. I think she was pissed at the initial reaction of her beep/bop/boop twitter situation, and she tried to push Disney's buttons again because she felt like they overreacted.

The thing about Carano is that her family has some money and power in Vegas, so she never really had to worry about making a living. Maybe the Disney career didn't mean as much to her financially as people assumed, and she's happier now than before.

jiggyfly likes this.