1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Gina Carano's Amazing Acting Career Watch

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Xerobull, Aug 31, 2022.

1. King1

King1 Contributing Member

I certainly won't be watching the movie and I also don't pay to much attention to what a WMMA fighter thinks

2. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

3. King1

I'm not going to watch that garbage .but I also don't get riled up over what a WMMA fighter thinks

It could be worse though. I could feel the need to lie about being a Republican on a Rockets message board

4. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Yep that's me. A habitual liar. I don't give a flying flip what you think. Especially since you consider anyone who isn't married or have kids "a loser" and when called out on that responds with something like " you don't know who I am... ask Clutch"

jiggyfly likes this.
  5. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

6. King1

I don't know that you are a habitual liar but it's certainly a positive first step that you admit it

7. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

She said that before the Nazis did the Holocaust, they used propaganda to turn people against their neighbors. She also put beep/bop/boop as her pronouns. Outrageous.

8. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

u like to go around calling folks normal woke idiots.
    Yet u have the same thought about this movie like the rest of us. U aren't gonna watch it either b/c u also think its garbage. Are u a normal woke idiot also?

Folks always trying to start sht when they r bored

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  9. LondonCalling

LondonCalling Member

10. bobrek

Let's see... which of the following public posts that I've made or inferred make me not a Republican voter

1. I think Trump is a horrible human being

2. I think Rittenhouse is a douche, but he didn't break any laws

3. I think Chauvin was guilty as well as the 3 yahoos that led to Arbery's death

4. I support the 2nd amendment although I think there should be some 'common sense' laws in place (such as needing a permit and /or training to conceal or openly carry as well as some age restrictions on the purchase of some firearms)

5. I support the first amendment and the right to peacefully protest. Especially when it doesn't impact anyone (for example, blocking roadways or access to buildings is bad)

6. The right has way more public idiots in Congress than the left (MTG, Boebert, Gaetz, Jordan, etc.)

7. Obamacare should be fixed rather than repealed.

8. I support Ukraine in the Russia war and think Putin is a dangerous individual.

9. January 6th was an abomination and whether or not anyone wants to point any fingers at Trump, the fact that he waited over 3 hours to try to quell things even with the pleading of his family, friends and advisors was horrible.

11. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Yeah...that's not what she said...at least not all of it. Cute how you took out the rest of that comment as that's the part that made it what it was.

jiggyfly likes this.
  12. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Video is unwatchable.

13. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Wasn't Rittenhouse too young to b carrying an assault rifle, pretty sure he broke a law or something.

Anyways my thoughts on the less extremist Republicans

I still think that the Republicans are sooo far up trump's a$$, that it puts Republicans who don't like him in a bad spot.

Voting for Republicans candidates or incumbent right now is just allowing the folks who enabled trump in the first place to maintain power. Republican candidates nowadays are just sprouting the same bs as trump.

R u still voting for by party afflitiation, abstaining or voting dems, for the time being? Cause that trump stench ain't coming off soon for any republicans

14. bobrek

Wisconsin has a poorly written law about the age of the person and the length of the barrel where he was within the law to be carrying. That charge should have never been brought.

If there isn't a reasonable Republican, I'll write one in if I agree with their policies. DeSantis has pissed me off enough that I may vote for Crist. He's a closet Republican anyway. :) I'll vote best candidate regardless of party for lower profile races (city council, commissioners, etc). But.. why should you believe me? :)

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  15. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Guess u r a better man than me. I vote for dems along party line or not at all. Republicans r too extremist/partisan for my Taste nowadays. U figure more current Republicans would have made a stand against trump during his presidency. Nah, cant trust any of them to do the right thingm

16. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Seriously @StupidMoniker canceled the whole Qanon thing, what a surprise!

17. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

SM suffers from what I call selective cognition. When reality differs from his very narrow ideology (which is a lot of the time) his memory and reasoning falter.

Here he is discussing Matt Gaetz's legal issues-

Somehow he confused this high profile case with another Florida Republican congressman accused of a paying a minor for sex who wasn't really a minor? Weird.

18. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I'll let Jerry Seinfeld say what I think about the idiotic chick. Trust me, my thoughts are in there, somewhere.

19. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I thought and still think Gina Carano is a very nice person. I followed her quite a bit while she was in MMA, and everyone that dealt with her saw her as the sweetest person.

I think she did go down that rabbit hole of anti vax, crazy conspiracy group think during Covid of no return. She seemed like quite a stubborn person that would rather lose her acting career than simply STFU about these controversial topics. Then she gets lumped in with all the other nutjobs, and became a nutjob herself. It's all very unfortunate.

I think she was unfairly punished for what she posted, I think people cancelling her made her more of a nutjob than she ever intended to be.

tinman and rocketsjudoka like this.
  20. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I feel similar. Yes she said some stuff that was dumb and controversial. I’m not sure she should’ve lost her job for that. I recognize Disney had the right to fire her but this does seem like there is zero tolerance. Her political views don’t really affect her ability to act And there are plenty of actors with crazy views of all types.

i think where the culture is now there is so little separation from personal beliefs and professional life.