1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Gillette is coming out with a 5-blade razor

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Dr of Dunk, Sep 14, 2005.

1. nyquil82

nyquil82 Contributing Member

whatever makes your penis feel bigger. It's a lucrative market. I'm surprised Hummers are getting smaller and not larger.

2. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I got a free Quatro, and used it for a while, and thought it was good until Gillete sent me a free Mach 3 Turbo. The thing was well ahead of the Quatro in my opinion. I'll probably end up trying this one because of the trimmer. I like that option, as I have sideburns.

3. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

hmmm... i didn't know about the "more blades, more ingrown hair" thing. guess i'll be switching back to the cheap stuff. shaving my head with a mach 3 is fine, but the face... well... i notice the hairs curling under the skin every now and then. thanks for the info.

5 blades? damn! wtf? are the blades going to cost $31,671 dollars as opposed to the $26,957 mach 3's? on a different note, i forget which one, but either walgreens or cvs has this thing where you take the razors off of the rack/container thingee and it prompts some kind of "thank you for choosing gilette razors" or something to that effect. it's some kinda security feature to keep the sticky finger folks away.

4. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Good ole Magic Shave

Rocket River

5. Vengeance

Vengeance Contributing Member

There was one a LONG time ago on SNL (1975) about Gilette bringing out a three-blade razor. I couldn't find the video, but here's a reference for it. The razor was called the Triple-Trac.

6. Vengeance

Vengeance Contributing Member

7. wesnesked

wesnesked Contributing Member

Whatever you shave with go with theTotal Shaving Solution. I know this has been posted before, but it works! Been using it for about 4 years and haven't touched a cream or gel since.

8. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

The Onion had a funnny article a few years ago by a razor co exec titled "**** it, we're going with 5!" or something like that too.

9. Colt45

Colt45 Member
    Supporting Member

Man, the only reason I give a damn about this is that it means we're just that much closer to the Gillette Sensor being discontinued.

This will be the most ridiculous innovation in the history of shaving...until Schick comes up with a six-bladed razor

10. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

You mean the one Puedlfor posted in post #15? :D

11. HOOP-T

HOOP-T Member

I have no use for a 5-a$$ed monkey....errr razor. Nevermind.