1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Giannis was right.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Josh Smith, Jul 20, 2021.

1. Clutch City1993

Clutch City1993 Bury Me In The H
    Supporting Member

Cherrypicking like a mfer

You think Harden cant create that same space?

Do you know how many times Harden has dished out?

2. Clutch City1993

Supporting Member

He played with KD bro

3. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

80% gets you 2nd round
    90% gets you Conference finals
    100% gets you finals
    100% plus some luck gets you a championship.

The only person who worked harder than the Bucks was Tilman Fertetta working ferociously to get the worst record in the league ... only to come up with the 2nd pick. Harden and Tilman were destined to be together.

4. wekko368

wekko368 Member

I literally provided every 3 pointer Draymond Green made this season. I feel like you don't understand the meaning of the word "cherrypick".

Draymond Green would be left open all game with Harden. He'd be wide open on any team. And they'd lose because he shoots <= 30% from the 3pt line.

5. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Again, he's the greatest shooter of all-time. Do you really think defenses are game planning to give him space?

6. VoR

VoR Member

Just watched a story about Giannis’ family. Amazing. His parents are from Nigeria. He’s essentially the second coming of Dream and he put on an amazing performance.

You know what else I loved? Not one political, divisive word spoken. African nationals are grateful not hateful.

vince and Clutch City1993 like this.
  7. Clutch City1993

Supporting Member

You provided a video from ONE season

Thats cherrypickkng

8. wekko368

wekko368 Member

You really don't know what you're talking about. No worries. I'm always willing to educate.

What exactly do you think I'm cherrypicking? I provided a video of his makes which demonstrates how wide open defenses leave him. So what exactly is your argument? That this past year is misleading because he saw greater defensive attention in prior years (with Durant and Klay Thompson)?

Defenses game plan to leave him open from the 3pt line because he's a terrible 3pt shooter. If he attempts a 3, that's a win for the defense.

xtruroyaltyx likes this.
  9. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

lol it really doesn't matter. A lot of those players you named don't get double or triple teamed or take as hard of threes like Harden did. Something you don't take in to account is that those other players don't go against the same defensive schemes that teams put against Harden to stop him. he is an All time great

Rocket_Man_2.0 likes this.
  10. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Oh I agree. I've been one of the main people here saying the idea that Giannis is 'unskilled' is just outright silly. People really just took that from Harden's mouth and ran with it.

I still wouldn't say he's more skilled than Hakeem was. Hakeem could shoot, slash, had one of the best low post games ever, like I think Hakeem could do everything Giannis could do and he was bigger.

But Giannis can definitely accomplish more than Hakeem, he's young enough to win 2 more championships and more MVPs and DPOYs.

Easy likes this.
  11. Rockets Rule

Rockets Rule Contributing Member

All of these Honey Bun Harden Homers... the guy quit on us, he would rather takes nights off and go clubbing. Giannis did it the right way, hell or high water - Harden got his karma. As for Chris, I was rooting for him to win - but it turned out just like before, stupid turnovers and costly games - the guy is a choker in the stretch - he can’t handle pressure. Booker has heart, left it all on the court, he is the guy I feel sorry for. Giannis, a true champion - glad Tucker got his ring, he finally got to play with a leader vs. a lazy partying finger-pointing complainer.

12. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Who cares if Harden takes hard 3's? That's his problem. And every single guy I listed is a focal point of his team's offense.

Harden is past the peak of his prime. It's time for Harden fans to acknowledge that, relative to the number of 3's he takes, he isn't a good 3pt shooter.

Asian Sensation likes this.
  13. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Imagine dying on the hill of James Harden…

The man who chose to to go clubbing during a pandemic instead of showing up to training camp for a new head coach…

Asian Sensation and xtruroyaltyx like this.
  14. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

So did Russel Westbrook and James Harden.

Asian Sensation likes this.
  15. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

I was starting to give Giannis the benefit of the doubt, and then he opens his mouth with stupid nonsense about not having to join a superteam as if in his path to the championship he took down those said teams.

Giannis was lucky so many stars were hurt this playoffs.

dmoneybangbang and hakeem94 like this.
  16. homewight

homewight Contributing Member

He's still an insufferable prick.

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

After he danced on the noses of MDA and the organization for years.

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It's just HP3's take on skills.

Easy likes this.
  19. Asian Sensation

I dunno… seems like a really hard worker, loyal and humble to me especially the more I learn about him.

REEKO_HTOWN and hakeem94 like this.
  20. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

neone of the injured stars have won their rings and accolades without there being a lot of other stars injured or scattered around and isolated on weak teams with no supporting casts which is virtually equal to being injured
    TAKE THAT FOR DATA