1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Giannis was right.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Josh Smith, Jul 20, 2021.

1. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

lol 17-19 was a great effort, but one game like that, doesn't make you a superstar free throw shooter. I'm more impressed by the blocks

He won the title and congrats, but he had a heck of a lot of things go his way and congrats for him taking advantage of them. It is not hating at all

MettaWorldPete and HP3 like this.
  2. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

ah no, the coach just didn't want to mess with what was working that got them back in the game. Harden was supporting and celebrating on the sidelines. People just read way too much in to it

MettaWorldPete likes this.
  3. HP3

HP3 Member

Im just saying we werent winning a championship that year. There was a chance for what? Nothing, another WCF. You are letting narratives cloud your judgement. Man do you remember Lebron chocking in the finals when he got guraded by JJ Barea and couldn do anything. Do you remember Kawhi chocking LAST YEAR against an inferior team. It happens to ALL great players. Sometimes they have bad games.

No, but he would have had the same questions raised against him had he gone to the finals and lost to Lebron(which he would have). Oh and btw Giannis lost and in embarrassing fashion over 5 games. His team didnt even need him for a win, thats much more embarrassing than one bad game in game 6.

4. roslolian

roslolian Member

If you arent hating why you said he is just big and born athletic? Athleticism has nothing to do with fts lots of big and athletic guys cant hit fts.

Fts are mechanics esp for Giannis who isnt a talented shooter it shows how hard he works on his game. He is both talented AND hard working. He works harder than Harden he doesnt waste his time partying in strip clubs with little baby thats why he has a FMVP and Harden is at home watching on tv.

houston19519 likes this.
  5. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

lol no he didn't....................that is why he carried us in game 7

Harden allways gets all the blame and none of the credit. Some people are getting as bad as Max Kellerman in here

6. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

he is big and athletic..................that is a fact, he powers to the rim and because of his size, he hardly can be stopped.

lol saying that he works harder than Harden is a joke and pretty funny really.

7. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

So you're saying James Harden wasn't a good option to lead a comeback in an elimination game?

fchowd0311 likes this.
  8. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

9. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

lol you are only focusing on Harden, when it really doesn't matter who was out there as long as the job was done

Harden gets so much disrespect it is crazy and shows some Rockets fans never really appreciate what they had until it is gone

10. dmoneybangbang

He was the superstar.....

He quit during an elimination game..... we got lucky the headbands didn't.

roslolian and REEKO_HTOWN like this.
  11. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Who said I can't appreciate both. What he did and now the fact that his ego as well as himself are gone.

I'm excited about a rebuild

12. roslolian

roslolian Member

He is big, athletic and skilled as well thats why he cant be stopped. Suns tried to stop him by fouling and he made 17/19 fts. Its not just he is born big and strong he also works hard and didnt waste his time partying every damn night.

Yes he works harder than Harden, thats why there arent stories about how much Giannis parties every night. Rox even had to stay overnight at certain cities Harden liked so he could party there. It didnt affect his performance negatively but all that partying didnt improve his performance either. Maybe if he spent a couple of those nights working on his shot instead of partying he'd have a ring by now. Just saying.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.insider.com/james-hardens-partying-habits-fitness-questioned-amid-trade-demand-2020-12?amp

13. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

he didn't quit. Never known a team to win a title just because of one player

14. HP3

HP3 Member

There are sources saying he's a hard worker too goofy. But sure ignore the rest of my argument.

What? No he didnt, its exactly those factors that went against him. Go reread my last post.

Lmao yes it is. Its really a weakass chip. He(Giannis) played ONE top 10 player over the course of his run and that player had his team severely injured. Again, you see it that way because you cant analyze things or use context.

Nope thats an opinion. Healthier lmao, Harden had one injury year and thats how it is, okay goof ball. He's had a better team around him, and when Harden is locked in he does play both sides, see our last three playoffs. Those accolades dont mean **** when he got his ass busted 4-1 by the Heat, then he got a better team and he got a bunch of injury breaks. There is your facts for you. He's not growing into anything, Giannis is gonna age very poorly when that athleticism fades away and he has nothing else to rely on. Harden is gonna age really well.

A lot of nba fans are dumb. Yea of course they will take the younger player over Harden, ask them who theyd take between Donic and Giannis lmao. Oh and now you know what Booker and Cp3 are thinking too huh LOL. Harden has beaten Cp3 plenty of times with worse teams. Stop quoting me with your idiotic drivel.

15. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

Michael Jordan partied every night............................................lol amazing how a championship changes people's thoughts on a player. Do you think Harden's stepbacks and footwork is just natural ? that takes a lot of practice to master and he is the best in the comp at it. Harden is a miles better shooter than Giannis will ever be.

16. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I would say Giannis definitely cares more about his diet and exercise routine.

[​IMG]

roslolian likes this.
  17. roslolian

roslolian Member

None of your post is a fact those are opinions and predictions.

Remember when you said nobody wants to be like Giannis and he doesnt inspire anybody? Now, thats what aged poorly.

18. HP3

HP3 Member

FrontRunner likes this.
  19. roslolian

roslolian Member

Jordan has 6 rings how many rings does Harden have?

Just because Stephen Hawking can ace all his exams just studying 30 mins a night doesnt mean you can as well.

Of course championships change people's thoughts on a player why you think they are getting paid the max? So they could tip strippers thousands of dollars? SMH

20. HP3

HP3 Member

No you moron, if you read carefully, you'll see facts. You are essentially are "RANGZ" monkey with no critical analysis.

Lmao Im sure dude's are going in the gym thinking, I need to get my game like Giannis. Lmao damn need to figure how to get taller and grow my wingspan. And you are lucky that I dont make a call back to EVERY stupid thing you have ever said if we are doing callbacks.