1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Giannis Antetokounmpo

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by celebrevida, May 25, 2019.

1. celebrevida

celebrevida Member

All signs point to Dwight Howard 2.0.

2. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Na he will win a ship bro...u do know he only 24...get off the gas. U letting emotions cloud rationality

roslolian likes this.
  3. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Lol I gonna do the same thing here lol. No kwahi wouldnt have lol. He wouldnt even be holding harden because of picks. Get off the gas too. Kwahi is good. Harden is a whole def beast. N kwahi being thier best offensive player would hurt them as well since they would wanna have him gaurding harden all 4 quarters out of concern for fools. People stop just posting with emotions

4. rocks123

rocks123 Member

the media was set to hype GIANNIS despite his obvious lack of experience instead of going for kawhi as the new king of the east cause these media pundits still want KAWHI to move to LA or any BIG MARKET team.

5. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Again get off the gas people. Kwahi missed alot of games this year. Media was right not to crown him anything. Ur mvp cant be getting schedule rest early in the season. That's the only reason they weren't.

6. rocks123

rocks123 Member

its not about the mvp. giannis can have the MVP and he deserves it. Kawhi already won finals MVP. raptors was close second in the standing during the regular season. but some of the news i read about kawhi was his coach criticizing him about not doing enough. embiid got more media hype and their third in the standing. even kyries failed attempt to be a leader to the young celtics gets more coverage. the moment raptors had a bad game like that lost to the magic in the first round there would be speculation about kawhi free agency options.

Its all about the hype of whos replacing lebron in the east. thats beyond MVP talk. they dont want kawhi in the discussion. they want raptors to pan out so that kawhi can pack up and leave. ofcourse im speculating but thats how i felt even before the post season started. The media got no problem crowning HIM future possible MVP even with his quad injury very early in the season with the spurs until ofcourse he decided to seat out the whole season.

7. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Giannis winning MVP is consistent with almost every other MVP winner. So much salt over that.

It's Westbrook that stole Harden's 2nd MVP award. He's the one they made an exception for. Giannis was the best player on the best team. 9/10 that's where the winner comes from.

As for Giannis himself, he'll be fine.

ilias, rocketman12, GotGame15 and 3 others like this.
  8. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Again yes they do...I repeat kwahi missed alot of games....n even without him missing so many in his absent they only lost like 4 or five games.

So like I said u cant hype a guy that one is not even playing back to backs n missing a 3rd of the season all while in his absent the team is still winning

9. roslolian

roslolian Member

He's only 24 yrs old not 30 yrs old. Do you think James Harden has been exposed and will not live up to the hype?

If you look at their career trajectory Giannis at age 24 has achived the same as James Harden at age 30. The fact that his team can reach this stage at his age bodes well for his future.

Lebron didnt win his first ring till he was 28 so I dunno wtf you think Giannis at age 24 will never succeed.

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Shame. OutofPlayoffs-Kounmpo

11. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

Giannis had a great year and overall I’m impressed with his development and he’s tbh gonna own the east if Kawhi doesn’t stay in the East. But because Kawhi made the Finals, he ain’t leaving Toronto now so I’m really liking all the rivalries in the east now with kawhi, giannis, Irving, embid, simmons, oladipo etc...

12. JW86

JW86 Member

The only thing that got 'exposed' was he relies on the referees just like Harden and others do and currently has little besides aggressive drives. However, tonight and this whole series he played great defense, made key plays down the stretch and even made some threes. I would've liked to see him at the end attack or at least try to take the shot and not defer. Respect him a lot and he is truly special. He deserves regular season MVP.

cjvnyc likes this.
  13. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

Every single player relies on refs calling the game correctly. The only time he’s ‘exposed’ are when the refs randomly change how they’re calling the game, similar to Harden.

It’s funny. You’re seeing the problem, but don’t want to admit to the reason, or are too biased to do so. I wonder how many more players are going to get robbed before you figure it out.

Mr Chuck Norris likes this.
  14. JW86

JW86 Member

You are not getting what I’m saying, Giannis commits offensive fouls a lot with just barrelling through defenses. He needs the refs to basically not call his fouls. Totally different from refs needing to call it when players are getting fouled.

cjvnyc likes this.
  15. MD_in_Training

Lol, can’t tell if sarcasm...

16. Buck Turgidson

This is stupid. The MVP is not a cumulative or career award.

17. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

as soon as the freebies have dried up he got eliminated

18. Jontro

Jontro Member

his team got eliminated. yannis was just riding on the team's back the last 2 games.

19. MystikArkitect

I doubt it. The league just isn’t trending towards big men anymore. He’s talented and a phenomenal (albeit one dimensional) player.

He’s probably going to just track more like Anthony Davis. Big unstoppable force that flames out year after year with the media wondering why he doesn’t have more help.

20. cjvnyc

cjvnyc Member

I'm embarrassed to share a heritage with trailer-trash who think James Harden deserved MVP over Giannis.