1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Getting Worried

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Imanimal, Jul 1, 2024.

1. Mad Cornbread

Mad Cornbread Member

I'm worried we over pay Jalen or Sengun.............

2. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

They will get the max.

3. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

Amen to that…..pun intended :)!!!

4. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Most of the teams you mentioned haven’t made any significant transactions that would significantly boost their chances of winning a title. Dallas and OKC addressed some of their needs but these teams aren’t invulnerable. Do not fret we got next. We just have to focus on getting in the playoffs first as we aren’t even in the same realm as Dallas MIN and OKC yet.

saleem likes this.
  5. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

I agree with the optimistic outlook but like many fans why do you think Silas and his staff was unprofessional considering most of them including himself have had many years of professional experience and have found success in the NBA. His staff had guys like Holllins, Hornacek, and Lucas. Also as I keep reminding fans if anyone were to be blamed its Stone and management who did not surround Green and Sengun with vets that had winning experience. There was no guidance in terms of player leadership in the first 2 years. I think both our guys would be much better than they are today if they had seasoned vets to lead and guide. Pick any star of today and most if not all had a star or vet with winning experience to guide them. Shai, Luka, Kawhi, Edwards etc. This past year is the first year this young team has had good vet guidance especially 2 former champs.

#105 Stephen_A, Jul 10, 2024
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2024
    Madmanmetz likes this.
  6. Madmanmetz

Madmanmetz Member

I agree Silas wasn't given a fair shake because if you recall when he was hired James Hardlycares decided he wanted out and at that instant the team was forced to tank. Hell John Wall was asked not to play. I'm suprised Eric Gordon lasted as long as he did. But the facts are Silas has zero clue how to hold a young roster accountable. Some NBA players eluded to the locker room issues here. Granted more vets than EG and Wall would have helped a little but the old saying the team takes on the personality of the head coach is very true. Silas was a nice man but he isn't a leader of young men. The contrast is completly obvious that Udoka is a leader of young men. Demands respect of the team and themselves. I have been coached by and coached with both types. I've seen it in the business world. If the team does not respect the head "coach" the accountability fades quickly. I would say that's my opinion but I've seen it play out everywhere I have been so to me at is fact.

Stephen_A likes this.
  7. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

Where is Silas these days? I know he did an excellent job coaching up in Detroit after his disastrous years here. Would love to see him latch on with the Mavericks or Jazz!

8. Madmanmetz

Madmanmetz Member

Needs to go to the Suns...