1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Getting Worried

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Imanimal, Jul 1, 2024.

1. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Member

Tobias Harris got $52M.Klay Thompson is an on-ball defensive liability with his current age and worn out lower extremities. **** this free agency class. Every team making acquisitions is in my mind making a bad deal. The smart money is on the sidelines this offseason.

2. jch1911

jch1911 Member

Get Cam Johnson
    Brooks + BRK 2027 pick swap

3. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Not even one rockets rumor. Summer League needs to hurry up and start.

Ancient Moabite likes this.
  4. invocux

invocux Member

We need to strengthen our roster. If we are not getting anyone we should at least start making the working place uncomfortable for Green, mob him, harrass him there so that he by the time season starts he loses the tiny bit of his mental strength left and becomes a bench warmer and we become a better team. Stone should attend my masterclasses.

5. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

There were rumors of Kevin Durant and then even Paul George. Realistically people are worried that we have not made a move, but of the deals that have been made would Rockets fans even want these players? The forum would have imploded if we gave a 34 year old PG $212M. The forum also recognizes Klay Thompson being a liability at this stage, 0-10 from 3 in an elimination game when that is literally the only thing he does is not really appealing. Would you guys have rather paid a backup center $87M?

People like new things, it gives them something to look forward to and new hope, we have that without having to go big on FA.

Significant Variables:
    -Motivated JG on a contract year
    -Alpren on contract year and consistent growth he has shown year over year
    -Tari Eason coming back after missing nearly an entire season
    -#3 overall pick in the draft, and supposedly #1 on our draft board
    -Added a 20 year old former first rounder in AJ Griffin
    -Reshuffled our entire inventory of future of picks, so keeping an eye on teams like the Suns now gives us something else to track besides just the Rockets. KD situation is going to be entertaining, Nets overall situation is still going to be relevant for us as well.
    -A handful of young guys (who were all top prospects) where one or more could really take the next step this season (Jabari, Amen, Cam) these guys if they were put on another team this summer their fans would be ecstatic to see what they could do, we have all of them.

I think we have more to look forward to as far as potential changes or advancements than almost any other team in the league.

6. NewAge

NewAge Member

I don’t agree on the Clips. Derick Jones/KPJ/Batum/Chris Dunn is a good haul. Sure PG13 is better, but he’s often injured and the added depth will help them.
    Also, Harden deferring too much to PG was suboptimal, not really his game. I’m not saying he’ll get back to his 2018 self, but with increased usage he’ll be better than last year…

I like what the Clips did…

MadMax94$ likes this.
  7. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

It would make sense if there was no overall progress and nothing new to look forward to, but the reality is adding Ime and co nearly doubled our win total year over year, that is significant. We also added a #3 overall pick, who was #1 on our draft board. Getting back Tari is important, and nearly 75% of our roster is under 22 years old. There is almost no reason to panic. Even if we lost Jalen Green for nothing if he goes RFA and we dont match, this is a pessimistic scenario and i do not even think that would set us back too much because of the amount of depth and picks we have.

MadMax94$, Corrosion and jch1911 like this.
  8. Mad Cornbread

Mad Cornbread Member

Reed Sheppard will save us all...........

jbond77 likes this.
  9. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Member
    Supporting Member

Jaylen Brown was booty until he was 24 years old.

You have to give young players time, my goodness... Don't pull an LAC and trade SGA for old chips.

10. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

There's nothing much we can do. Trading all assets for stars isn't long term solution. We got good young players. Just continue to develop them.

albuster and glynch like this.
  11. Nook

Nook Member

Dallas has Luka, San Antonio has Wemby - good luck being better than them long term unless a franchise player emerges for the Rockets

OKC is and will be better than the Rockets for the foreseeable future.

Minnesota is better for the next couple years as well.

Memphis? They were injured… so probably better than us anyway.

Most of the Rockets improvement will be from internal improvements. We were .500% last year. If we go 45-37, it will be a success.

12. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

What a contrast in posts. Derp vs Insight & Analysis

BallSoHarden likes this.
  13. leebigez

leebigez Member

Here is what happens when teams take small steps, someone unexpected blows by them. Nobody saw GSW coming especially after losing to the Clippers. Denver, Memphis, Ok City, Minny, stop me when you think the Rox will have a player as good or equal to their best player.

Nook likes this.
  14. leebigez

leebigez Member

Ok City was the youngest team in the nba last year and had one of the best records

Rokman and daywalker02 like this.
  15. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

The trade Stone did before the draft pretty much is keeping the team together and give them time to grow. Unless there is a deal on the table too good to resist. I don't expect any trade going into next season.

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Regular season does not mean squat if you cannot at least make the 1st round and take a favorite to 6-7 Games.

You learn most with that blueprint.

Of course you would still need to sign star players to get even farther.

Right now the Rockets are riding a high and do not know real problems.

Unless they do, these fans around here are optimistic.

Endless takes of coming back next year stronger, rinse repeat.

#36 daywalker02, Jul 2, 2024
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2024
  17. Audioout

Audioout Member

How about we trade for Steph Curry?

Could cost us VanVleet, Amen, and Cam plus TONS of picks. Don't see them asking for Green or Sengun and having to pay them whatever their new contracts are going to be. If they want Tari, you give them Tari also.

Starters maybe:
    Steph Curry
    Jalen Green
    Dillon Brooks
    Alperen Sengun
    Steven Adams

Bench depth:
    Jabari Smith Jr.
    Reed Sheppard
    Tari Eason
    Jock Landale
    Jeff Green
    AJ Griffin
    Aaron Holiday

I mean, Curry could ask out at this point. Who else has the assets to trade for him? OKC doesn't have a trade that makes sense to me...

I say this to mean, anything can happen. But anything can really happen when you're loaded with assets, which we are.

18. BamBam

BamBam Member

Listen to Bobby AND look at Robin, rinse and repeat! ;)

Go Rockets!!!

19. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Not worried at all.

Stay the course.

20. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

okc is legit, but we won at their place in the last matchup so we can definitely compete with them. fat luka plays zero D and kyrie/klay have extensive injury histories so longer term they don’t concern me. spurms roster is trash and sengun just dumped 45 on gumby’s head, they’re still 2yrs away from being 2yrs away. minnie’s D definitely frustrates us so ime is going to have to develop our offense and our bigs are going to have to become better shooters. memphis will be solid if ja gets back to form and edey surprises. imo we should win ~50 barring extended injuries, 45 would be a disappointment

Invisible Fan likes this.