1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Getting really sick of all the hating on Rex Ryan

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by NJRocket, Sep 8, 2010.

1. NJRocket

NJRocket Contributing Member

First Mr. Holier than thou, Tony Dungy.....now Terry Bradshaw.....wonder who its gonna be next week.

I think Tony and Terry need to chill out. The F-bomb and other foul language is as much a part of a football sideline as gatorade showers....not to mention in the locker room. Gimmie a freakin break.

I've asked several guys who either coached or played college and pro ball and to a man, each of them were like...whats the big deal?

2. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

He is stirring the pot and most people don't like that. I agree, let him be and if he succeeds then shake his hand but if he fails, like his old man, then he better take it the same way and not go sour grapes on anyone.

3. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Rex is like the DD of the NFL... the young guys love him, the old schoolers loathe him.

4. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

i'm getting sick of hearing about how three players from the Jets were sent down by Ryan to woo Favre on a supposed scheduled practice day...or whatever that nonsense is I keep hearing about over and over.

Get over it already!

5. NJRocket

revis?

6. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Brett Favre signed with the Vikings, will post link soon.

7. Surfguy

lol...my bad. i'm getting these two coaches confused because they are both in the news for dumbass stuff.

8. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

b****ezzzzzz!

[​IMG]

9. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Funny...I'm getting sick of Rex Ryan.

1 person likes this.
  10. Surfguy

on a side note, the most funny thing i saw on "Hard Knocks" is how the Jets coaches are all fat asses who sit on their duffs eating every junk food imaginable...almost like football caligula with food or something.

11. NJRocket

the 2 funniest things imo were...

1) when Cromartie was trying to name all his kids and we found out he has 3 kids the same age who arent triplets

2) he gets done berating the team and then goes "ok, lets go get a snack!"

12. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

I liked when he screamed at one of the Redskin players..."That is why my brother cut your A$$."

13. NJRocket

yes...classic line

14. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I don't mind him cursing, but his tough-guy everyone's against me act is so transparent, unoriginal, and frankly a little boring.

I liked it the first time I saw it:

[​IMG]

15. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Rex Ryan does it the right way, people hate him because he is awesome. Bill Parcels, he did it the wrong way, people like him because they are scared of him or have some weird daddy complex going. Rex is the drunk uncle that has a good heart but your immediate family feels is a bad influence. Bill Parcels is the old grandpa that served in some war, that makes no sense, is racist (Parcels isn't, just sayin), yet everybody feels inclined to respect.

16. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I don't know the man, personally. From what little I know, I'd describe him as mildly douche-tastic. And I hope his team gets beat like a drum by the Texans.

17. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

rex is an overgrown child. he hasn't done **** at the head coach level and he is just letting his enthusiasm get the better of him. if the jets win big it'll be alright. he could, however, be setting himself (and the team) up for massive disappointment/backlash---> typical new york drama. personally, i kinda like the big oaf, and i've got plenty of popcorn (and beer). let the games begin!

18. NJRocket

really? 1 year , 1 AFC Championship game appearance

u set the bar awfully high i guess

19. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

rex set the bar high. he's in new york making superbowl parade plans~ good luck with that. i'm not saying he isn't a good coach, clearly he is.

20. NJRocket

cue the twilight zone music