1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Getting out colors that run

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Jackfruit, May 29, 2006.

Tags:
  1. Jackfruit

Jackfruit Contributing Member

I have a problem. I don't know how, but somehow I got some red color that ran into the collar of my white Dolce and Gabbana buttondown shirt. It's weird in that I have never thrown the shirt in the washer for obvious reasons and I have only worn it a couple of times. I have no idea how red color would run onto the collar of my shirt.

How that red color ran onto the collar is not nearly as important as getting the color out. I woke up this morning and have been looking for a dry cleaner, but no one is open today for Memorial Day.

Do you have any suggestions on how I could get this dye out of the shirt? Do you think a dry cleaner could get it out? Would Oxy clean or something like that help? I really hate the fact that I fu**ed up such an expensive garment with no ideaof how I messed it up. I don't want to throw away such an expensive shirt, and that's what I'll have to do if I can't get the color out. Thanks in advance.

2. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

Heh, same thing happened to a white skirt of mine, but that was from Wal-Mart so I can see why you're so frustrated.

Well, my mom used to always put lukewarm water in a small bucket with some white vinegar and maybe a couple tablespoons of detergent. Then you soak the stain in it until it goes away and you wash it again. It always seems to work, the white vinegar, not sure why. Hope you can get the stain out.

3. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

wrong forum.

4. thelasik

thelasik Contributing Member

this works. i've done it before.

5. Jackfruit

why is this the wrong forum?

6. Jackfruit

thanks for the suggestion

7. HAYJON02

HAYJON02 Contributing Member

Not a fan of gay bumper stickers are you?

8. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

if the colors are red, white and blue-i'm sorry, these colors don't run.

9. HAYJON02

HAYJON02 Contributing Member

Yeah, you BEAT UP that straw man!