1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Get the big man involved!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by spence99, Dec 1, 2001.

1. spence99

spence99 Member

The Rockets really turned it on in the second half of last year and almost made it to the playoffs. A big key to that was the resurgence of Olajuwon. He averaged 16 points and 10 rebounds the second half of last year. A big reason for that was Francis and Mobley were always trying to get him involved. I think that helped our offense a lot because Francis and Mobley were not just focused on scoring themselves. They still got their points everynight, but they excelled at penetrating in and dumping off to Olajuwon for easy baskets.

I think the Rockets need to install that kind of thinking again. Francis needs to try to get other players involved in the offense. I think we could be successful with Francis driving to the hoop and dumping off to Cato or Thomas for an easy dunk or short jumpshot. That way we can get the ball moving around more. I think Francis should look to pass most of the game, then try to take over at the end of the 4th quarter. I belive he should be our goto guy at the end, but he should get others involved the rest of the game. What do you all think?

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

I think I have been saying the same thing for weeks, but most people around here want Francis to shoot 100 times a game.

I have said it before and I will say it again, this team will go nowhere until they learn how to trust each other, on offense and defense.

Right now it is full of selfish players, and that means lots of "L" s

DaDakota