1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Get rid of Eric Gordon and this team will be better.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDakota, Nov 19, 2022.

1. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

this is a vicious circle of bad penny pinching tanking teams.. not giving the young the chance until its their time to be traded away...so they have to tank to get more talent then the talent they tank for is ruined because they cant get pt because the previous class has to play to be able to be traded and most of the time they dont even get a second rounder for them lololol

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He has regressed though.

MDA version Ego was 18-20 ppg.

3. King1

King1 Contributing Member

It doesn't matter. He serves no purpose. We are the worst team in the league and our young players need the minutes. Get a 1st rounder and be done with it

swoosh1014 likes this.
  4. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If his minutes are going to JC and TyTy, then yes, the team will be worse. But if Gordon is part of a deal that brought us a player like John Collins, then we would be better.

King1 likes this.
  5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Not sure if true.

6. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Another shooting guard or can he play point?

Easy likes this.
  7. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

Moving EG for a vet point and possibly a pk would be ideal, but I doubt they do. They're fine with the current chaos. The more crazy, ill timed rotation changes and playing guys out of position, the better chance of being in the bottom 3.

8. PatBev

PatBev Member

EG was suppose to be our steady hand but seems to have the hand of a alcoholic this year

9. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't think he can play PG. Hopefully the deal fell through because Houston was holding out for a FRP. I'm really to the point where I just want Gordon gone, but to only get Grayson back is a borderline insult.

10. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

I wonder if Rondo cares about a check at this point, I would like him to be a veteran presence on the bench to coach some of these guys up a bit. I think he is sitting at home.

11. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

I do not think the Celtics will giveaway their newly extended starting point guard in his prime who is the reigning defensive player of the year, the first guard to get this award in nearly 30 years since gary peyton did it, these types of players do not get replaced easily, and they do not get traded for an expiring aging role player. Smart is a glue guy on that team, and he is a primary reason they do well in the playoffs. He is similar to what Draymond provided the Warriors in their early championships.