1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Embiid and the Sixers taking on Brunson and the Knicks -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Get Red Rally at City Hall on Tuesday!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets34Legend, Oct 27, 2008.

1. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

Got this from Rockets Insider email:

The Houston Rockets will host a Get Red Rally on the steps of City Hall on Tuesday, October 28 starting at 12 NOON sharp. At the rally, a proclamation from Mayor Bill White will be made encouraging fans all over the Houston area to wear red on Wednesday, October 29 in support of the Houston Rockets season opener against the Memphis Grizzlies.

* Get Red Rally at City Hall will feature free Papa John’s pizza and beverages from Gatorade, while supplies last.
    * Former Rockets great Clyde Drexler will make an appearance. Houston Rockets General Manager Daryl Morey and CEO Tad Brown will address the crowd. Mayor Pro Tem Adrian Garcia will announce the ‘Houston Rockets Get Red Day’ proclamation and Houston City Council members will be in attendance.
    * Clutch the Bear, Rockets Power Dancers and Launch Crew will perform, along with a live DJ providing entertainment. Fans can test their skills on the inflatable Pop-A-Shot and win Rockets prizes throughout the event.
    * A special ticket offer for Houston Rockets Opening Night will be available to Rally Attendees only!
    * This event is proudly supported by Papa John’s Pizza, Gatorade, C&D Scrap Metal and Budweiser.

Join us on the steps of City Hall on Tuesday, October 28 and wear red on Wednesday, October 29!

See below for more details and ticket information on Opening Night at Toyota Center!

2. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Want everyone to wear red? Give away red shirts at the door. That is the best way to make sure that everyone wears a certain color.

3. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

it aint that easy, they did it last year Game 1 in the playoffs, hell, they even had an incentive they were giving cash to random people each qtr to get people to wear it, still didnt work

4. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

That is weird. It worked for the Golden State Warriors. I guess we have too many cooperate suits to win over.

5. drumbum

drumbum Member

Maybe if they gave shirts in sizes that arent XXL, people would actually wear them...

6. Rockets34Legend

Dave, that some sad Rockets fans. They should be executed.

7. ndnguy85

ndnguy85 Contributing Member

probablyy. :D

8. Dave2000

yea it truly was, i was confused as hell

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/HD_Vvq0GV5U&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HD_Vvq0GV5U&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

you be the judge, notice any sea of red? the only one I see is the Rockets bench, sad...... :(

9. Dave2000

does it matter? uhhh, the whole playoff them was "GET RED GET ROWDY" u dont need a red shirt to wear red at the damn game, you shouldve worn red before getting into the building

for the record, they gave out L/XL shirts, cause well, I wear XXL and i gave mine to Yoyo since he came late.

10. Rockets34Legend

All I see are some bandwagon Rockets corporate losers who decided to check out the hottest ticket in town.

No participation from bandwagoners results in Toyota Center and the Rockets looking crappy on TV.

11. Rockets34Legend

Hey Dave, we got to get YoYo back out to Houston. Or we should take a road trip out there! :cool:

Just a thought.... :D

12. Dave2000

yea i think he's holding out till the playoffs, I'm planning to take a trip there, maybe the April 3rd game, since its a Friday and pretty close to the end of the season.

13. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

I'll be there at City Hall. Look out for me in my Rockets shooting shirt. I'll be there at 11:45. Me and the White man are tight.

14. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

well i for one on wed will be wearing my red jersey shorts, my red rockets shirt, my scola jersey, my knee high red socks and my black and red tmacs to work and the rest of the day on wed.

well i want to wear either scola or landry, leaning towards scola...was going to wear my artest but need to wash that one first :)

15. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

ok, i may not be able to make it today.