1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Get ready for the bandwagons…

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by my time to shine, Oct 24, 2022.

1. DreamR

DreamR Member

Why does he think he's more special than other fans?

His watch history is not impressive to most die hards.

Astros or Rockets

Wonder why he became a fan of the Rockets of all teams. We're one of the worst in the league record wise.

Most people become fans of a team either because it's their current hometown team, it was their hometown team growing up, because the team had a lot of success (success attracts attention), or because of a favorite player being on that team (Player only fans)

He's definitely not the first two

Doesn't seem to be biased towards one player

Was he tweeting during the Harden era when we were consistently going deep into the playoffs?

Was Euro-league not enough lol

my time to shine likes this.
  2. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I will admit I'm not following the Rockets or Texans much the last couple of years. I will root for them over other NBA or NFL teams but they're not giving a product that's really holding my interests or worth following. Not living in Houston I have to go out of my way to watch them. When the Stros were awful I still saw them and even rooted for them. Part of that was that I like attending a baseball game when the weather is good and Target Field is really nice ball park in good weather.

Going to see a mediocre Timbwolves team host a godawful Rockets team in the middle of January at Target Center isn't that great.

3. Major

Major Member

Did he say he was more special than anyone else?

The Cat likes this.
  4. TexasRedd

TexasRedd Member

A lot of y’all sound like some haters

let that man root for the Astros in peace

5. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Back when the minor league thread updates every evening from tellitlikeitis was far more entertaining than the big league club. I learned a lot about baseball here from 2012-2015 during those times. I bandwagoned the Astros as a kid in the early 00s and like to think following them hardcore in their worst tears bumped me up a level

xcrunner51 and Snake Diggit like this.
  6. crose

crose Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The Texans have been dead to me since the D-Hop trade and will remain that way until Tommyboy sells the team to competent ownership.

arkoe and Scarface281 like this.
  7. DreamR

DreamR Member

Not explicitly

But the way he talks in his tweets sometimes make him sound like he's trying to brag about how big of a fan he is

Telling everybody that he stays up late night/early morning on X amount of days consecutively to watch the team play.

Bro just started watching Houston sports but wants to be treated like a Houston sports expert who has been a season ticket holder for 50 years

my time to shine likes this.
  8. Major

Major Member

Sounds like you're just projecting your own guesses onto him as fact.

cmlmel77 likes this.
  9. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Crane>>>>>>Ferntits

YOLO likes this.
  10. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

I like it when people think they get to define how and when someone gets to be a fan.

11. Madmanmetz

Madmanmetz Member
    Supporting Member

To me the real band wagon are the ones that showed up after Seattle and that's fine. People are busy making a living, being in relationships, trying to stay involved with their main interest. Astros become a local story they wanted to be apart of the excitement. It is natural. Those of us that are fans we think about our teams throughout the year, dreaming of a chance to be the champs.

I like being out and random person says to me Yeah go Astros, while I'm decked out "breathin' orange fire". Now I'm stuck in mostly low pro interest area of Chattanooga. I'll be Astros gear the rest of the year. Hopefully I'll get a few responses

travfrancis likes this.
  12. DreamR

DreamR Member

Obviously I'm exaggerating and there's no definite way of truly knowing

But that is how he comes across to me personally

Intentionally or otherwise

13. Stephen66

Stephen66 Member
    Supporting Member

I've seen too many NBA games that were obviously fixed. Don't watch anymore.

Tomstro likes this.
  14. my time to shine

Honestly lol.

I wish he’d stop.

15. seeingredtx

seeingredtx Enlightened

I was watching the Astros back when it was on channel 51…those that know that have been with them 30+years. John Granato hosted Sports Night Live afterwards.

travfrancis likes this.
  16. Snake Diggit

Snake Diggit Member

JMO but there’s no such thing as bandwagon fans in professional sports. Anybody can root for any team at any time for any reason. As long as it brings them joy I’m cool with it.

tierre_brown and BlindHog like this.
  17. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The bandwagoning has been going on for years now. If the person in the tweets is the worst of what we see as a result, then great. But the game threads and the overall negativity in the forum is increased dramatically over the last 2-3 years. I'm convinced that's bandwagon fans coming in who don't understand baseball and its history and don't understand how fortunate they are to be rooting for a team as successful as the Astros. It makes the game threads nearly unreadable during a game. But that's to be expected with success, I guess. So I just stay out of them during games.

Bregatron likes this.