1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

GET OVER IT!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheFelderFirm, May 8, 2005.

1. TheFelderFirm

TheFelderFirm Member

WE ARE NOT CHOKE CITY!!! THE ROCKETS WHERE CONTENDERS BACK THEN!! THIS YEAR WE WHERE A LOWER SEED BEING OVER ACHIEVERS!!! WE TOOK IT TO 7 FREAKING GAMES WITH NO PURE SWING GUYS OR A TRUE POWER FORWARD! PEOPLE WHO ARE UPSET GET OVER WITH IT NOW!!!! GLAD WE LOST!!! SO WE CAN STOP FOOLING OURSELVES AS REAL CONTENDERS AND GET US SOME PEOPLE AND SOME YOUNG GUYS WHO CAN GETS UP THE FLOOR AND DEFEND AND TAKE OFF SOME PRESSURE OF TMAC AND YAO!! RATHE NOW IN A GAME 1 SERIES THAN BEING SWEPT NEXT SERIES! WE"LL SEE HOW FAR DALLAS GOES< AND WE"LL SEE ALL THE FREE AGENST AND PEOPLE INCLUDING ROOKIES WANT TO PLAY HERE NEXT YEAR! OUR FUTURE IS BRIGHT! JUST LET CLUTCH CITY DIE AND LET IT LIVE IT"S ERA!!! :mad:

2. tim562

tim562 Contributing Member

Right......

3. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

it's gonna be a long offseason..

4. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Easy on the caps, cowboy.

5. warbirdzone

warbirdzone Contributing Member

Yes.....yes..... but it hurts my eyes after reading your post.:p

6. Agent86

Agent86 Contributing Member

I agree in the fact that everytime were down in the playoffs someone has to come with the whole "clutch city" routine. that was a great time in our history but its just that, history. since then we changed our key players twice, coach twice, and uniforms 3 times. new team new era and let the new legacy begen

7. Willis25

Willis25 Contributing Member

and Sura falls in a faint

8. tim562

tim562 Contributing Member

lol

9. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

I agree to an extent...we were neve rpicked to go anywhere like the ROckets of OLD...they surprised us with the 2 wins and pushing it 7 like they did...most of us knew we would be out in the first round because we were young and still needed time....we got to see a nice glimpse of what can be after a few years of geling and stuff....

You can't be over dissapointed at this...As a true basketball fan and a fan of the Rockets we can't say anything other than the Mav's kicked our butts the old fashioned way...let it burn in our players mind for the offseason and get ready to attack next...

Maybe it would have been different with Juwan...could of would of should of...no point in doing it...i was the one person at the end of the game still clapping just for the ROckets coming out and putting us on the map a bit and make the league notice us more...it's a good step and until you lose and feel the pain..you can't come back with the desire to win it all.

10. NewYorker

NewYorker Ghost of Clutch Fans

The Rockets of Old were never picked to go anywhere either. It was always Seattle or Utah.

Anyway, we weren't contenders....I wrote a post like that some time ago and got blasted for it....and momentarily believed we were contenders mistakenly after game 2.

I underestimated the competition.

Anyway, this team is up and coming....how many years did it take the Lakers to even get to the finals?

11. Cohen

Cohen Contributing Member

zilch zero nada

12. wrath_of_khan

wrath_of_khan Contributing Member

Well, they went in Magic's rookie year ...

I know -- you're talking about Shaq/Kobe! It took them quite a while.

I agree with your basic point. With the squad we started the season with, it was clear this team was at least two years from contending.

13. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

YOU get over it. :mad:

14. bladeage

bladeage Contributing Member

lets try to land sebastion telfair!

15. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

Oh boy, I wasn't posting much on the BBS last off season, was it THIS bad? Were people getting bored and starting pointless threads just to "make conversation"?

If so, then we are in for a REALLY looooooong off season:eek:

16. Jebus

Jebus Contributing Member

You must be frustrated that you registered 1 person too late.

17. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

:D That's pretty cool.

Anyways, to the starter of this thread..... You are glad we lost? Once I reached that line...that was more than enough. :eek:

18. MartianMan

MartianMan Contributing Member

I'm a little happy that the Rox lost (*put on flame gear*) cuz I don't think my heart can take any more of the excitement. Plus, deep in my heart, I knew we would have probably lost to one of the future teams we'd have to face (Suns, Spurs, Heat/Detroit). We just didn't have the talent. I mean, we survived on experience and chemistry for a long time but that last game was just a display of superior talent and depth by the Mavs. I rather Yao and Tmac rest and come back strong next year with a stronger, deeper, and more talented team.

It's either all or nothing for me. No one remembers 2nd place.