1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Get over it. Don't let Lakers dirty tactics prevail.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by vcchlw, May 7, 2009.

1. vcchlw

vcchlw Contributing Member

Knee, Elbow, Shoving, trash-talking......you name it. All dirty Lakers want to do is to distract us from playing our game. Now that Ron has sent a message to the league which hopefully avoid the blatant fixing analogous to the Kings-Lakers series back in 2002. After all these dramas, we need to stay focused on playing our basketball and forget about the incidients. Don't let Kobe get in our head, players and fans alike.

What starts to worry me is that Adelman and the Rockets let all these Lakers tactics get in their head which affect their performance in game 3. The Wafer-Adelman drama is not helping either. You can see form today's interview that Ron and Adelman are still bothered by the incidents in Game 2 and the league's decision on the suspension. And it's NOT a good thing for the Rockets as far as the preparation for Game 3 is concerned.

I hope Adelman and his players can use what happened in Game 2 as a MOTIVATION instead of a DISTRACTION from now on. Now that the surprise element is gone. We know the series is going to be physical and borderline dirty. The refs will continue to be inconsistent, being tight in one game and loose in another. Elbows and trash-talking will keep coming. But the players need to stay focused on the basketball issues among all others. They need to improve their rebounding and control their TOs. AB needs to stay aggressive and continue to attack the basket. Yao needs to step up and be a major factor in the game. Ron Artest needs to keep his cool and continue to score. Scola needs to hit his jumpers. Wafer needs to relax and play within the system........After all, do not let the dirty Lakers get in your mind and be focused on basketball. That's all I hope.

Go Rockets! Beat LA

2. SeeingRocketRed

Can I post to just agree with everything you wrote? Hmm, I guess I just did.

The Rockets just need to stay within themselves -play that suffocating defense we all know and love, move the ball (and move without the ball), and get Yao some touches inside, and we'll roll these two-bit chumps.

3. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

I feel like the Rockets handled the adversity well and should be ready to go in game 3. The Lakers are who got outside of themselves by trying to play "tough." The Rockets just kept doing what they do. Sure, they were a little upset by some of the calls but now (thanks to Ron) the officials and the league office will be keeping a close eye on this series so the Lakers have nothing left up their sleeve except to play basketball and I don't think that team can beat the Rockets three more times.

A small thing that encouraged me about the Rockets' mental strength is after Scola got into it with Odom, and then Walton and then got leveled by Fisher he went to the line he sunk both free throws. I thought that showed a lot of poise in a very volatile situation. I was sitting at home and I'll tell you right now I would not have been able to hit two free throws because I was so fired up over the situation. I was shaking I was so damn mad.

4. vcchlw

vcchlw Contributing Member

I wish you are right. But it worries me that Ron talked more about Stu Jackson and the suspension than the upcoming game. I wish the Rockets don't get distracted by the incident and keep their composure.

5. AKRocketsFan

AKRocketsFan Member

I don't think the Rockets are letting the Lakers get in their heads. It's obvius that the lakers are trying to take us out of our game with their bush league tactics.

I just feel that this finally gives us Rockets fans an excuse to be hostile. I know were usually not the rowdiest of crowds, but this is just the fuel we needed!

Rock the house like never before. And heckle with reckless intent !

6. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

I'm a little worried too but now that the Lakers' plan has been "exposed" I'm sure the team, the coaches and probably every person Ron knows has warned him that Kobe and the rest of the Lakers are going to do their best to try to get him to lose his cool. I'm actually more worried that he will be trying so hard to be on his best behavior that it may cause him to think too much and not just play the game.

I really hope the league spoke to Kobe to let him know he got away with one thanks to his superstar status but between the elbow to Ron and the knees/elbow to Shane that he is looking at a suspension for any unnecessary contact he makes in this series.

7. Nick_Young

Nick_Young Member

I don't really think Ron lost cool in game 2. If he did, Kobe would be carried on a strecher and miss the following games. :D

He got ejected mainly because he had some smirch and I have to admit that Kobe has something in acting, can't believe he can protend to be so innocent to win the ref's sympathy, or he is to old to pick up some guts.