1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Get Christian Wood the Hell outta here ASAP for AMAP!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Plowman, Dec 28, 2021.

1. BonziWellsGOAT

It's the not giving a **** part that's the issue

2. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

on the court or pre game outfits ? Dude Westbrook is so out of the game. Take your 500 mill n love your wife kids. He’s a good guy.

aaquaa and BonziWellsGOAT like this.
  3. BonziWellsGOAT

Also I gotta say that I don't think I've seen him set more than a handful of actual screens all year. He slips EVERYTHING.

4. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He is the C version of Kevin Martin, but he isn't nearly as skilled as he thinks he is.

5. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

yes. He’s our new Kevin Martin.

clos4life likes this.
  6. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

What are you smoking? Look, I get that y'all hate Westbrook, but you do realise that tonight he single handedly had more assists than our best assist guy, more rebounds than our center, and matched our leading scorer in points, right? If you think that's a scrub player then you know nothing about basketball.

7. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

Thanks brother.

RasaqBoi likes this.
  8. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Kevin Martin actually plays within his strengths

chadyang, PeterKingX, fattz and 7 others like this.
  9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Team thing......the entire team is bad, don't seem to be holding them accountable.

DD

Purvis2Short likes this.
  10. Le$$

Le$$ Member

This was what i thought was going to happen about him on clutch fans. People thinking hes a #1 guy. This guy is probably like 3rd best player on a really good team. You need 2 other players to pair with him. He is getting his shots cause there nobody on the court who can become that 1 and 2 guy who can really take over games.

This team still has alot of growing to do. But everyone knows Cwood time here is probably limited. He just a time gap guy, unless he becomes really good, and the rockets see him as someone who can play for 6 years in his prime at 28?, matching with Green and mysterious future star.

But who knows really. Overall thou the rockets do look like at least there trying to compete, even thou outcome is usually bad near the end. It will get better down the road. I mean remember the win streak? , it was impressive you got to admit!

Dobbizzle and aaquaa like this.
  11. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Meh, these criticisms are overblown.

He is a good, not great player, who belongs on a team where he can be the third or fourth best guy.

That's not here, but that was pretty obvious from the beginning of last season after Harden was traded.

Nook, xaos, Plowman and 3 others like this.
  12. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I’m trying to imagine Wood and his weak defense on that corner 3 playing with LeBron. James would go ballistic. I’m not opposed at all to moving him. Better to do it by the deadline while his contract will be perceived as a “good value.” The guy’s middle name is inconsistency. It’s frustrating to watch. He should be better than he is.

Aruba77, slothy420, Plowman and 5 others like this.
  13. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Yeah im not sure where his mind is at but seems like he has very low awareness on defense. There was a play where the ball was passed to the corner and that was his man. He seemed caught off guard and surprised as he wasn’t in position to defend his man. He is usually a couple feet from where he needs to be on the perimeter allowing too much space and guys to pop up and shoot on him. His reaction is slow and raises his hand too late or too far away to affect any shot. He likes to cheat when he guards the corner three to provide weak side D but leaves his man wide open. Btw his missed shots on offense almost always turn into a fast break and huge point swing.

jdjd, Dobbizzle and aaquaa like this.
  14. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

That’s been in his scouting report since college. Lack of effort on defense. Not ability. Effort. Also character issues. Ego. Unprofessionalism. Lacking a good spirit. Not team player.

jdjd, Plowman, Little Bit and 2 others like this.
  15. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Not at all. He is arguably a starter in this league. Too many mental mistakes. Too little effort. Inconsistent. Selfish. This has been his whole career. On a stacked team like the Warriors perhaps he could thrive as their 5 where he doesn’t have to score in bulk. I argue that he isn’t a starter in this league.

Dobbizzle and aaquaa like this.
  16. aaquaa

aaquaa Member

Probably daydreaming about his next post-dunk show.

Stephen_A likes this.
  17. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

i agree wood needs to go but Sengun isn’t that good. Doesn’t mean he can’t be in the future but at this point he just isn’t there as a rookie and teams have adjusted to him. He holds the ball a lot. Increased turnovers. Not rolling to the basket. No jumpshot. Too much fouling.
    Team dynamics is tricky and strange. Having great players will elevate the level of play of others. Some guys need superstars around them to perform at a higher level. These stars make the game easier and facilitate these guys’ success. Look what Harden did with Wood in those 5 games or so they played? Same thing with CP3 and his stint here where him and harden elevated Capela and guys like Mclemore. Look at what Draymond and Steph do for the Warriors. Everyone is eating since they facilitate that offense. Bron is another good example. Wood might be one of those players who are elevated by great players. There’s this synergy created and the aura of these great players transfers to other players and they start playing well with the team clicking on all cylinders. Lots of players talk about raising the bar or heightened expectations for themselves as they play with great players. A lot of sports is psychological.

jdjd and Dobbizzle like this.
  18. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

Those traits seem to become more pronounced as the season goes on. I'll happily admit I was blinded by the numbers, he's rapidly becoming one of my least favourite players. It's really frustrating that you have a guy with that much talent has so little heart as a player. Then we've got guys like Mathews with nowhere near the same level of natural talent who just play their heart out even when they're off. Wish we had more players with both.

Stephen_A, aaquaa and Richie_Rich like this.
  19. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

And while he’s posing (or complaining) the team is on the other end of the court playing 4 on 5 defense.

aaquaa, RasaqBoi and Stephen_A like this.
  20. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

a little strong, Plow. Not totally off especially the move him when he’s most movable part.

FWIW - I expect he’d be a glamour boy on the Harden team that isn’t.

Plowman likes this.