1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

GET A BIG MAN!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Imanimal, Feb 7, 2021.

1. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

His defense is working so far too though. I feel like people are ignoring that.

D-rock likes this.
  2. burlesk

burlesk Serious business
    Supporting Member

Thanks saleem, I now feel well-inoculated against any hope for the future of TF's Rockets :) That only leads to heartbreak.

Tangentially, I would like to see DW4 wind up in Carolina. I think I might be able to get into being a Panthers fan...

BamBam likes this.
  3. jdiggidy

jdiggidy Member

How about after 2/22 we hit up Toronto again when Baynes can be traded and offer:

Tucker/Dipo/1FRP
    Siakim/Baynes

I have honestly have no idea if I am under valuing or over valuing either Dipo or SIakim or if we would have any interest.

4. PhiSlammaJamma

We are one G away from getting a BI MAN. So be careful what u ask for.

5. WestendMassive

I'm going to post this into existence, and thought this even before Wood got hurt: the Rockets should sign Jock Landale. 6'11, 255 pounds and a nice shooting touch.

It won't take any assets to acquire him, he's out here dominating the Australian NBL and has an NBA out clause. Do it, Rafael.

6. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

If you base a player's worth off of just his last game and not meeting loft expectations, then pretty much everyone in the NBA totally sucks

7. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

Don, I think you're just getting in the way of good rants, where logic has no place.

payaso and don grahamleone like this.
  8. crenshaw

crenshaw Member

i think we should look at veteran bigmen in the christian wood mold, or have relevant skillsets, on offense or defense, or both. I think john henson still doesnt have a team, or bangers like amari johnson.

We don't need transcendent talent, we will only need him for 8 to 14 mins a game. What we essentially need is that insurance policy that we have someone on the bench that has length, which we can use if the matchup demands it - nothing more, nothing less.

We don't need to overanalyze or look for elite players. this way, no need for numbers crunching for purposes of trades.

9. bj3175

bj3175 Member

shoot if we got them we are almost back at full power

D-rock likes this.
  10. bj3175

bj3175 Member

dwayne dedmond

payaso and crenshaw like this.
  11. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

Is there a financial reason why this hasn't happened? Im trying to figure out why we haven't done it and it's the only thing I can settle on.

D-rock likes this.
  12. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

I think a Center Version of Christian Wood doesn't exist. Christian Wood is a Forward.

Rockets are Dreaming of One but they are wasting time in not trading for One and not implementing a Natural Center.

Mo Bamba is maybe a Taller Power Forward.
    His Toughness playing in the Paint, getting hit by stronger Centers is a Problem.

13. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Jarrett Allen for Kevin Porter Jr.

I think the Cavs wanted to Thank the Rockets for Jarrett, by giving the Rockets Kevin Porter Jr.

And work out his problems with John Lucas

Rockets got a 1st Rd Pick for Jarrett Allen

Some Picks Assets should traded to move up in the Draft.

hakeem94 likes this.
  14. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Little Big Man.

15. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

True, but he has mostly struggled with a low PER and a low 3 point percentage since he has joined us. He wasn't playing all that well in Indiana either. His injuries have clearly decreased his speed.
    If this continues like this for the most part , he won't have much trade value and giving him a long term contract will hurt the team.

I'm aware that Michael Jordan went scoreless in a regular season game with the Bulls against the Knicks, during his second 3 peat. I saw that game. He wasn't injured like Oladipo at that time.

hakeem94 likes this.
  16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Reminds of Little Women.

hakeem94 likes this.
  17. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

This is a fantastic post. Nobody on this site is demanding that we get Andre Drummond....just a competent center to take some pressure off of Cousins and the smaller players. Dedmon, Manimal, Maker, etc. Everyone in Houston has seen this need for weeks prior to the Wood injury. I had previously posted that we should sign Alex Len when he was available. Makes you wonder if the real agenda is to win or just save money.

HorryForThree and MettaWorldPete like this.
  18. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

It would be more entertaining for us to play 5 point guards. We could troll the league and tank at the same time.

Wonder how many games a 6ft under team could win in the nba.

hakeem94 likes this.
  19. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

THIS it was a wink wink deal

rockets1995 likes this.
  20. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

man dmo would have dominated nba under silas system