1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Mavericks vs. Thunder in Game 1 of the West Semis. Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

GET A BIG MAN!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Imanimal, Feb 7, 2021.

1. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

My best guess is the Rockets have a “Fire Sale”. There will be a domino effect.

This is based on Oladipo has to be traded instead of risking him leaving in the summer and getting nothing back
    except a 5 or 6 month rental. Kurucs project.....Exum expiring contract..........some late first Rd picks that TF
    probably backs us out and into the 2nd round.

Will the Rockets get anything back? Well these expiring contracts have more value to a contender than
    lottery team wanting just money coming off their books. So im looking at contenders looking for
    a player to help them in the playoffs this season.

Oladipo
    Nwaba
    Sterling Brown
    Cousins
    Tucker
    House (lower salary continuing beyond this year is huge)

Players like Wall and Eric Gordon have big price tags remaining beyond this season. If chemistry is not there,
    that team has to bare the burden of moving that player. But it is possible some team will take that chance.

Keepers are Wood, Tate, Mason Jones, possibly K Porter (because his salary is relatively low moving forward). Low risk high reward possibility.......if not, an easy cut bait and go our separate ways.

Here are some foreign player stashes
    https://basketball.realgm.com/nba/draft/draft-rights

So what position are the Rockets looking for? Here are some players noted from beginning of list in link:
    Leandro Bolmaro: 6’7” SG (T-Wolves)......20 y/o....1st rd #23 pick. [non contender]
    Marko Simonovic: 6’11” C (Bulls)............................2nd rd #14 pick [non contender]
    Justinian Jessup: 6’6” SF (GSW)............................2nd rd #21 pick [Contender] 59% from 3 @ 4.5 (3PA)
    Vanja Marinkovic: 6’6” G (Kings)............................2nd d #30 pick [non contender] 57% (3P% @ 4.67 (3PA’s)
    Mathias Lessort: 6’9” F (Knicks)............................2nd rd #20 pick [contender?] no 3’s practically
    Alpha Kaba: 6’10” F (Hawks).................................2nd rd #30 pick [contender] no 3’s practically
    Petr Cornelie: .......F (Den).....................................2nd rd #23 pick [Contender]
    continued...

Note that some of these players were drafted in late first round. No guarantees on first round picks.
    I’ve seen Kwame Brown and M Fultz and Royce White drafted in the first round and struggle in the first few
    years. Not all are instant hits like Jayson Tatum.

Knicks and Nets still have some possible gems in their stash account.

#41 ApacheWarrior, Feb 7, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2021
    saleem likes this.
  2. jim1961

jim1961 Member

My God, the need for bigs (more than one actually) is glaring. How can it not be obvious?

+100,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 to getting more bigs.

Imanimal and hakeem94 like this.
  3. HROZ

HROZ Member

He's shooting 38.7% FG% & 29.7% 3PT.

Gordon should be starting but Dipo gets the start on name alone.

4. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

You only need to get bigs if you trying to win. I still think the Rockets a few weeks away from trading everyone and everything of value.

saleem likes this.
  5. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Sad but true.

saleem likes this.
  6. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

The way I see it, if we were trying to win Allen and Prince would still be part of the team. I think Stone and Tillman are probably pleasantly surprised at how well we have been playing, but it's still fools gold considering we haven't played anyone good.

Imanimal, saleem and D-rock like this.
  7. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

We already have rodions . I’m not sure what you guys are on about :)

saleem likes this.
  8. MettaWorldPete

Even if you're tanking (or stealth tanking) I think it's a shitty thing to do to send these guys out there to compete with no big. They should fail because the overall talent level isn't there, not because they're artificially put at a physical disadvantage by the FO. Not that TF gives a **** about his employees of course.

D-rock and HP3 like this.
  9. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Then the core of our team would be "iHart Wood".

Easy, D-rock, saleem and 1 other person like this.
  10. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

which would set us up for a ... deep playoff run

Williamson likes this.
  11. jim1961

jim1961 Member

:eek:

saleem likes this.
  12. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Wish we could get Drummond

D-rock and banzai like this.
  13. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

Patience my padewan. This is not our year. I promise you stone is targeting high upside talent right now and pics. Oladipo is not helping with his dumb, low iq, iso plays.

14. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

Nice points. I would rather keep Wall and Ego. Someone has to train and lead our bench. Wall can train and lead our starters.

saleem and ApacheWarrior like this.
  15. pass_to_Hakeem

Nance out a month or longer with broken finger

D-rock and saleem like this.
  16. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I agree TF's only agenda is saving money and pretending to build a contender with future picks. The lower, the better for him. He doesn't have to sign any second round picks. It's a miracle that Wood ended up here somehow. My gut feeling is that he brought him here in order to retain Harden. Since Harden is no longer in Houston, there won't be any incentive to get a potential star. I hope Porter Jr will prove to be to be that player. Silas will probably leave Houston soon, and some G-league guy will replace him.

burlesk and D-rock like this.
  17. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Big if true

18. D-rock

D-rock Member

Yep.

Should lower his price then.

19. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That's the spirit!! I like that.

eliefor3 likes this.
  20. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

LOL, especially when House averages
    8.3 pts and 3.6 rebounds a game and Tucker averages 4.9 pts and 4.8 rebounds a game.