1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

German ad in support of Muslim women

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by KingCheetah, Apr 23, 2013.

1. StevieFlight3

StevieFlight3 Member

The idea that hair or something like it will induce towards rape is not a totally sound argument from an Islamic point of view. We as Muslim can try to understand and rationalize the laws of God but at the end of the day we follow it because it is part of your religion. At the time of the Prophet's life there were woman that walked around his city bare chested. It is completely a choice... and to ban something that is not harmful to other's reeks of intolerance. Imposing your world view upon a society is egotistical, not all cultural need to have a equal set of values. They will change with time, if that's what will happen, no society should be forced to change. Education, etc. maybe that is lacking but the lack of it has nothing to do with Islam rather the society. Islam is filled with a long list of women throughout it's 1,400 years that were influential at all levels of society.

2. faraza84

faraza84 Member

Only hair covering is considered a rule. Not of the face, niqaab is cultural. Ppl do it just like back in the day women covered their hair anyways in many parts if the world. Mary wore it, and plenty others did too.

3. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

So much anger...we can all sense how the idea of your women being freed from oppression triggers your sexual insecurities.

4. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I approve of the ad.

That being said, I have no problem if women want to wear a burka then that's fine as well. The thing that I'm against is forcing women to either wear it or not wear it.

Let them have the choice.

5. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Read the rest of this excellent post, please:

6. Nook

Nook Member

That Schreiber chick looks hot as hell in her hijab... Makes me want to stick her under my Christmas tree and unwrap her on Christmas morning... That hot little tart.

7. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I read it. I'm also in favor of abolishing the laws where women who don't wear the burka get the blame for others crimes.

But I'm still in favor of choice. Women should be allowed to wear a burka. They should also be allowed to not wear it, and have the same rights.

8. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

That is indeed part of the problem with such laws - it's very difficult to punish the men like Hydhypedplaya who are oppressing their women and forcing them to run around in mobile jails. Instead, these laws punish the women. The source of the problem is not the law, though, but the ideology that allows men to oppress their women like that.

9. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Contributing Member

Your obsession with guns due to a lack of a woman's touch, any woman's touch, is becoming more and more evident with each post ...

[​IMG]

10. Honey Bear

That's irrelevant, because they were making the best of their situation. Slavery was prominent in the 20th century but some African Americans still managed to thrive, even though many were content working on the plantations, looking at the sky and basking in the sun.

You don't understand context.

Who's to say how much better things could have been if the Hijab was never introduced, muslim men weren't insecure perverts, and women could confidently interact with men from all walks of life growing up? They don't have that luxury as everything is placed on the result - the journey is lived through romance novels and the Quran, not empirically. If you compare intelligent, good looking muslim women (similar to queen rania growing up) to intelligent, good looking women of other religions/atheist, you'll find stricter muslim girls have a fundamental flaw in that they're incapable of assessing live action situations and feeling the moment. The first 20-25 years of their life were spent living vicariously through others while they were forced to creep around in the shadows to get a taste of their sense of self. You'll find this inhibited approach leads to a massive groupthink - and a fear of individual thought.

Everything, is rehearsed, and it takes away from the potential of life.

#70 Honey Bear, Apr 29, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2013
  11. Honey Bear

It's like any fad or fashion trend. People take what helps them and attribute it to something that doesn't need attributing. It isn't Islam that helps her feel respected, it's that she finally has some sense of self belief and is incorporating the aspects of that religion she can relate to.

The truth is it's a denial of reality, and anyone who grew up with the mask will tell you it provides a warped view of the world, a misunderstanding of sexuality and a constant suspicion when dealing with men. You can keep taking news articles looking at the plastic surface of all this, but if you look deeply at the psychological and psychosomatic rebound effect it has, it is absolutely crippling to the progression of the woman as a nurturer and lover.

And if your sole goal is to be respected based on your intelligence and personality - there are many, many others ways that have been tried and tested.

12. Nook

Nook Member

HAHA that isnt her, but nice try.

The touch of a woman isn't a problem.... but havent had a Muslim girl since graduate school... the two I had were quite frisky.

13. Nook

Nook Member

Damn it Ronny...... I mean Rebecca Minor, not the Jamie Farr looking big nosed one. :eek:

14. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

LOL I was really wondering :grin:.

15. Nook

Nook Member

I don't blame you..... I am sure Jamie Farr is a nice lady, but I won't be unwrapping that sucker if my life depended on it. Rebecca Minor looks nice though. Just put a bow on her forehead and I am ready to go.

16. WNBA

WNBA Member

German is the main supporter of Uighur terrorists.

"Support us in the fight for their right" = bull****.

17. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Can you provide any link to back up your assertion? :confused:

18. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

19. Qball

Qball Contributing Member

ATW, where are all the threads about the rape/molestation cases brought upon the Catholic Church? Surely you must feel that these acts are far more cruel than forcing a woman to dress a certain way.

20. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

There are several threads on this topic, e.g.:

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=184309&highlight=child+abuse

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=226190&highlight=child+abuse

I was one of the most frequent contributors to these threads, e.g.:

Comparing forcing a woman to dress a certain way with child abuse in the Catholic church misses the mark, though.

If you want to compare the child abuse in the Catholic church with incidents caused by Islamist ideology, then compare it to mass murder through terrorism, stonings, child abuse as well (see above), forcing women into mobile jails, death penalty for homosexuality, death penalty for apostasy, overall oppression of women, etc. etc. etc.

Leftists get angry because of the Catholic church's stance on homosexuality - but they don't get angry at Islam's stance on homosexuality in many countries where Sharia is the law of the land - namely the death penalty. The gullible leftists would rather form an alliance with people representing this ideology.

Yeah, that makes sense :confused:.