1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Gerald Wallace

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cod, Mar 1, 2012.

1. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I think we could acquire him easily if we wanted. A package of patterson, bud and expiring's would probably get it done, but is he worth patterson if were not going to be seriously contending for another 2/3 years? no.

2. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Wallace is 29 but is it ne or does he still play like he's 25 or 26

3. lr22

lr22 Member

So bad to make sure that they see Batum as their core player. My little hope have been shattered.

4. Rockets Jones

Rockets Jones Member

Batum is just younger and more efficient but here Wallace would get way more touches and we could run the offense through him. The question is: what would Portland in return ?

5. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Why would we give up on Patterson after one year of fairly consistent play as a rookie (given PT) and trade him away? Plus I really don't see that he's playing as he did last year, the injury has a lot to do with his mobility and current state of play. He will get better, trust me.

I'd say that's too much, given that they really don't even have a need for Wallace since Batum is now getting his time to shine.

I would actually be willing to trade Scola for Wallace straight up. This offense isn't suit to fit Scola or Martin and it's shown.

6. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

scola and Al jeff? Our already porous frontline defense would then be equivalent to this.
    [​IMG]

7. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Gerald Wallace makes about, what? $11,000,000?

Thabust makes just over 5, maybe 6 million. That leaves another 5 million in contracts to send to Portland.

Seems to me Portland wants to cut salary so they can pay Batum. They will want something of value in the rest of the $5,000,000 or so of players we send them (although we'd have to take end-of-benchers from them to make the rosters work out).

Thing is, is that how we cash in our roster flexibility? Even though we'd actually get someone who plays defense?

Maybe follow it up with a trade of Kevin "I'm either exhausted by trying to play defense or I don't care anymore because I'm probably on the trading block again" Martin?

In any case, "Crash" won't likely opt out of that last year. That's some major cha-$$$-ching for him.

8. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

I'm sure TWill would love to go back to the Pacific Northwest.

9. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

For the right price I'm all for it

10. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

$11M next year for a guy that gives you 13-6? Why?

The GARM's already shaky IQ has plunged in the last week.

All that's missing is another round of "start Thabeet/T-Will" nonsense.

11. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Love the player, always wanted him here.

And lol at people who say he is old and overpaid. He is 29 freaking years old. He is in his prime.

12. BossHogg713

BossHogg713 Member

With the 25th pick of the draft, the Houston Rockets select Nicolas Batum from France. (BBS reaction. :eek::rolleyes:)

13. cod

cod Member

I'm not advocating it but thought there might be something to this after reading the Larry Miller interview and Broussard's report.

14. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

How long is his contract? I'm trying to get a real free agent to sign here in the offseason, not make a Carrol Dawson style move to net 3 more wins.

15. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

This year and an option for next year.(player opt., which he hasn't expressed either way about.)

16. J.R.

J.R. Member

He has a player option for 11.4(or 9.5) million next year.

17. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Well that's not good for anybody.

18. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

19. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

Haven't watched him lately but Wallace's value would be in his defense. Battier with more offensive game and athleticism. He's easily a more valuable player than Kevin Martin and K-mart makes more than $11 mil per year.

I'd try to see if we can get a third team involved and ship Scola (I'm assuming Portland would not care for him). Trade any combination of Scola, Bud, Dragic, the '09ers, and the Knicks pick.

A lineup of Lowry, Martin, Wallace, Patterson, Dalembert (with Lee, Parsons, Morris first off the bench) wouldn't be the most entertaining basketball but we might be the most physically tough team in the league with that. And I think we'd still maintain most of our cap flexibility this summer.

20. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

Id do it for Parsons, Twill, Thabeet, and Bud