1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Gerald Green: Unrestricted FA

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RV6, Apr 16, 2012.

1. Da Wink

Da Wink Member

won't sign with us...

2. Rookie34

Rookie34 Member

<iframe width="500" height="400" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/gGFegKcjyF4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

3. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

Sad to see him leave, love to have him back.
    But some bad teams will pay him. And to me, he is not even worth the MLE which I think some teams will be willing to forked out for him.

4. jopatmc

jopatmc Member

He has matured and gotten it. If he were playing on this team right now as our starting SG, we would probably have split these last 4 games just based on his athleticism and attacking the rim on the break, etc. He would likely be the 3rd offensive option on this current team right behind Goran and Scola. I'd like to have him for the right price. And I'd let Lee walk if we could get him.

5. eman

eman Member

The only time I've seen him play lately was when he was torching Bud. Obviously an impressive, head-above-the-rim athlete... How's his D? Are there any videos of him passing?

6. smokieethabear

and so are the Rockets.. :(

7. PDJACK7

PDJACK7 Member

Skill and ability was never his problem, maturity was. Now that it seems that he has matured and has learned the game (not just depending on natural ability), he will be a great pickup.

Get rid of Martin, resign Lee and sign Green for around 4mil/yr. The problem is someone will off him more than that. Maybe he won't have any hard feelings and give us a discount if he gets better offers.

8. Wolverrines

Wolverrines Member

Just a lateral move that does not make us better. Another wing is not what the Rockets need. They need someone that can score in the post and I mean score. None of the rockets big man can dominate in the post

9. Landry92

Landry92 Member

Did people forget Morey traded for him once before and he was cut after a week. He's been playing great though, makes wonder of what could've happened if he went to college?

10. wadero

wadero Member

He would be better than KMART soft A--

11. RV6

RV6 Member

It's not a lateral move, if Morey can find a way to displace money from the backcourt to the frontcourt. I think lately we've seen we can go with lee at the 2 full time, if we just get better at the 4 and 5. We need to make more money available for the frontcourt and replacing Martin's contract with a smaller one is one way to start doing this. I know it's more complicated than swapping them, but our 1/2/3 spots would be more well rounded, for less.

12. jopatmc

jopatmc Member

Not to mention, he's better than Lee.

The only reason we need to keep Lee is to attract Dwight and DWill. That's it.

13. RV6

RV6 Member

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JN0K51lgI3s?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JN0K51lgI3s?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

14. Rockets Jones

Rockets Jones Member

Please no, we had him once, let's not go back to players we cut, it almost never works out. I have a feeling this is not going to last and once he gets in the tougher western confernce with consisten tough competition he will and cannot keep this up.

15. jaxwithanx

jaxwithanx Member

Not sure I understand the whole "we had him already once" argument. So?

How many times have teams traded/cut or not extend or sign players they wish later on down the road they had back....

Saying you don't want him because he isn't better than what we have is a valid thought and opinion....

Saying you don't want him because he was on the team one time and didn't do great is just ignorant.

Budinger isn't going to get any better it seems and I think it's a toss up between the two right now as far as contribution. But Green actually looks to be getting better and probably would be cheaper in the long run if done right....

Of course Martin is a POS and I don't even consider him to be a part of this team so....

I want to see Dragic signed. Lowry, Martin and Patterson sent off for a legit PF or C.

16. DasouthDakota

DasouthDakota Rookie

We need to sign GERALD GREEN! He'd fill in nicely at the 2, and I have no doubt in my mind he can develop into a 20 PPG player. Despite us cutting him after a few days, I have no doubt in my mind he'd still love to play for Houston