1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Georgia starts investigation into Trump's election interference

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by No Worries, Feb 9, 2021.

1. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Having cash on hand is not a crime. It's not plausible to think someone is like "hey, I owe you $5k for a vacation here it is in $20s. And then it happens 3-4 times? Give me a break. It's 2024. She used her "emergency funds" that her dad told her to keep to pay this dude back? Did she ever withdraw more cash to rebuild the emergency fund? This is so stupid and clearly never happened.

If she was paying him in cash it would be because she wanted to conceal evidence of a relationship.

But more likely, they were dating and he paid for some stuff like happens when adults date.

2. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

$129 is an expensive dress?

3. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Maybe he’s just used to prices he sees when he goes shopping with his buddy Tucker in Moscow.

4. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

That would be a lot of Rubles.

dobro1229 likes this.
  5. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I took their testimony’s yesterday to not run away from the concealment issue and kind of own that. However make the case that there was never an improper pay off. As they stressed, it was just normal I’ll pay for dinner today and you can pay later. The concealment was seemingly more about not revealing an office romance than worrying about it becoming a national scandal.

Either way, it was a dumb decision to bring Wade in on this case. But it’s also dumb for the media to make this into a scandal rivaling the Clinton BJ or The Access Hollywood tape.

6. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

7. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I don't think that's true. Willis didn't report the gifts over the threshold value that she received from her vendor.

8. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

So odd .. also why would she recommend other women to keep $9000 cash on hand?- is this to pay the guy mowing the lawn or to conceal ?. Why just women? Married or single status? tad bizarre

I have $9000 but I am doing something weird keeping it in the bank - I also use Venmo and cashapp if I need to pay someone back or would that be more risky if I'm trying to conceal something- asking for a friend

9. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I don’t think the media is doing that. Most seem to be praising her.

I also don’t think it ultimately is a big deal I just think it shows her lack of judgment, her voters should be bothered not anyone involved in the trial.

10. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Most of the media I've seen are critical or at least partially critical. Most partisan media praises or exaggerates her missteps. I've only seen part of it and it seemed like she screwed up and didn't come off well at all.

11. CrixusTheUndefeatedGaul

Supporting Member

What chu talkin’ about Willis?

12. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Caveat: I didn't watch/read/listen to the testimonies...

Keeping large cash on hand is a cultural thing. Many people who came to America from a failed state and lost everything keep cash on hand just in case the state fails. I often tell them, if the US fails, no amount of cash is going to help. I can see historically marginalized folks might have a similar fear of some other controlling entity going wrong (bank, men, whatever) and keeping cash on hand just in case.

But, typically, that cash is reserved for emergencies, not for paying back dinner or whatever she said it was for. Especially with easy and instant cash transfer apps designed specifically to pay friends. You wouldn't use that if you don't want it tracked.

13. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

she said she had 6 month emergency fund IN CASH.

She had no specific ATM transactions, bank withdrawals or any proof whatsoever where this cash came from.

She had a 40K tax lien in 2022 at the same time she was sleeping on this alleged cash mattress.

She was covering all of these expenses and reimbursements (conveniently) in cash from this stockpile with no proof and no talk of replenishing the cash emergency fund.

Her cash defense is classic mob boss defense. "I been had money!"

ROXRAN likes this.
  14. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The fact that we’re still discussing this shows that Willis has become a distraction making the prosecution more difficult. While it doesn’t look like she’s done anything illegal her judgement is in question regarding this affair.

Rileydog and FranchiseBlade like this.
  15. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

First gen/immigrant Asian adults often keep crap tons of cash at home and even on their person. Especially the elderly who came from places where government or bad folks could just take your money. Banks just weren’t trustworthy refuges like we think of in the US.

16. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

I don’t believe her. I still see no basis for recusal.

But she better hire a good lawyer to deal with the state bar ethics investigation that’s coming,

KingCheetah likes this.
  17. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

I would be surprised if she can not later recant and come clean ... you know ... when her memory clears up.

18. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

This feels like S3 of a Shondra Rhimes drama. We all livin in the Shondraverse).

FAFO

19. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

So Fani can't go Dutch on a dinner, but Clarence Thomas can accept MILLIONS in gifts......

The GOP is full of corrupt hypocritical assholes.

DD

No Worries likes this.
  20. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Hiring your boyfriend, him benefitting financially to the order of over half his income is now from your decision, then you benefitting from his income in the form of lavish international vacations, has the APPEARANCE of impropriety which means she can be disqualified.