1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

George W. Bush Virtually Endorses Joe Biden In Powerful Statement

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Ubiquitin, Jun 2, 2020.

1. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

Oh well I never went that far, didn’t actually start posting on here until 2013 anyway. My personal views were that Bush just wasn’t as bright as other presidents. Iraq war was obviously either a deliberate stunt or badly misguided. I tend to think the latter; unduly influenced by those close to him..was slightly too young to grasp it at that time anyway. (Plus Congress has to authorize war, they’re not blameless)

But yeah I exponentially think he was much better than what we have now. Remarkably, the 2020 election could be a golden opportunity for partisanship and reexamination of our values. There’s a glimmer of hope that Republicans wake up and start turning on him in larger numbers. We already see cracks in the hull.

RayRay10 likes this.
  2. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

W’s endorsement isn’t something anyone should seek if they are running for any position in government. I think it’s cool when Carter, Obama, and Clinton hang with him and the first lady’s, and when they all speak on issues together it really sends a message. However outside of that forum, I don’t think anyone is real excited about his voice alone given the baggage and lack of credibility he brings. I think Biden would be smart to steer clear of W.

Blatz, Ubiquitin and RayRay10 like this.
  3. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

Only after the super volcano under Yellowstone erupts.

RayRay10 likes this.
  4. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

5. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

It wouldn't matter to people on the left. However, if Bush were to support Bidden then it could sway some of the right vote.

RayRay10 and Blatz like this.
  6. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I was thinking of this skit from SNL.

The Real Shady, RayRay10 and B-Bob like this.
  7. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

relative to Trump?

RayRay10 likes this.
  8. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

We dont want that **** up's endorsement

If Bkiden released a statement like that it would increase his votes

9. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Why are people trying to win the election in June? the first quarter hasn't even started yet. To give W some credit, he's getting it out of the way before it would make any difference.

I'd be more concerned for Trump if he got W's endorsement, because it would signal he's done some underhanded bullshit deal to sell out to the establishment.

generalthade_03 likes this.
  10. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Delusional. Twist that any way you can.

AleksandarN, RayRay10 and adoo like this.
  11. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Nothing in American history is relative to Trump. He’s his own thing. Anything you can imagine or try and relate to in any historical context ... he can be creatively worse in his own way.

Other people like Bush, Clinton, etc. still get scrutinized at their level though which might or might not be fair but it’s how our politics work. Trump gets to be his own version of Franco/Pinochet/Mussolini and everyone else still gets judged as if it was normal times and Democracy still is a thing here we all prescribe to.

I personally think it would be smart for Biden’s team to assume this is the case and assume the media and a lot of voters will act like Trump doesn’t exist when they want to judge Biden and his endorsers or deep staters or whatever you want to call the people voters and the media will link up to Biden.

RayRay10 likes this.
  12. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

13. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

I am not surprised bush does not support a potential Trump dynasty.

Bush endorsing Biden sets up opportunity for Jeb Bush in 2024.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  14. mdrowe00

mdrowe00 Member

RayRay10 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  15. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I don't watch cable news often, but they seem more gleeful about politics than they do now...

RayRay10 likes this.
  16. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member