1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

George Lucas really believes the world is going to end in 2012

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by GRENDEL, Jan 19, 2011.

1. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

According to Seth Rogan.....

http://www.torontosun.com/entertainment/movies/2011/01/18/16927446-wenn-story.html

Funnyman Seth Rogen was left stunned by a recent encounter with his moviemaking hero George Lucas - because the Star Wars director spent 20 minutes telling him the world would end in 2012.

Rogen was left speechless when Lucas and Steven Spielberg joined a movie meeting he was a part of - but the encounter has left him worried his life will be over next year.

He recalls, “George Lucas sits down and seriously proceeds to talk for around 25 minutes about how he thinks the world is gonna end in the year 2012, like, for real. He thinks it.

“He’s going on about the tectonic plates and all the time Spielberg is, like, rolling his eyes, like, ’My nerdy friend won’t shut up, I’m sorry...’

“I first thought he (Lucas) was joking... and then I totally realized he was serious and then I started thinking, ’If you’re George Lucas and you actually think the world is gonna end in a year, there’s no way you haven’t built a spaceship for yourself... So I asked him... ’Can I have a seat on it?’

“He claimed he didn’t have a spaceship, but there’s no doubt there’s a Millennium Falcon in a garage somewhere with a pilot just waiting to go... It’s gonna be him and Steven Spielberg and I’ll be blown up like the rest of us.”

2. ToyCen428

ToyCen428 Member

It could.... but there is a saying out there... "Pray to God but row for the shore"...

Do your best right now, and live your life like its not going to end in 2012. Live life to the fullest for sure LIKE it's going to end soon, but don't go selling all your valuables to buy hundreds of pounds of food to last you in case something drastic happens!

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Lucas should take some dialogue writing classes, so his movies are not so stinking canned.

DD

4. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

The guy's been telling Ewok stories his whole life in exchange for billions of dollars, what reason does he have not to believe it?

5. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

Its all a joke. Lucas isn't serious.

6. SunsRocketsfan

7. wouldabeen23

wouldabeen23 Contributing Member

8. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Not a joke but Lucas got mistaken:

He confused the ending of the world in 2012 with the reports of the impending superstorm that will wipe out some of California. Come to think of it - if you live in CA, then I guess that is the end of the world, at least your world.

9. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7cGAC6D7eng?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7cGAC6D7eng?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

10. RocketRaccoon

RocketRaccoon Contributing Member

Your sucky opinion is welcomed. :rolleyes:

While I'm pretty positive it won't end, it's hard to not connect some of the dots.

11. VanityHalfBlack

Well ****, if the world is going to end on 2012, I guess it means I don't have to pay back my College Loans, Hahahahahhah!!!!! :grin: :grin: :grin:

12. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

Also....

Cleverly disguised "I hung out with Spielberg and Lucas" cool story bro.

13. Nero

Nero Member

It's a good thing he wasn't wearing an Indiana Jones hat...

14. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

What dots have you connected?

15. jae713

jae713 Member

These

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  16. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

jorge lucas es "mayan"???? :confused:

17. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Why are they bothering with the next Indiana Jones movie then if the world is going to end? Better yet...why are they bothering with the next Indiana Jones movie at all? After the last one, I kind of wish the world had ended...at least the one in that movie.

Let's hope either the world ends or they produce an Indiana Jones film that isn't complete garbage (like the last one).

18. moose

moose Member

Wow this is spooky.

Throughout the last night, I had a series of dreams about the world ending in 2012. There were huge storms, floods, and catastrophes happening. There was a tsunami heading for the southern coast. Anyone with a plane ticket out of Texas would survive. It was probably one my most vivid dreams. Strange thing was, I would wake up during my dream, go back to seep, and the dream would continue.

19. wouldabeen23

wouldabeen23 Contributing Member

if it is only an 8th of the suckage that was The Kingdom of The Crystal Skull, it will still be the second worse Indiana Jones movie....EVER

20. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Dude, you weren't asleep. Your were just watching The History Channel.