1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

[George Karl] "Rockets let Parsons go because they are going after a PG"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by hooroo, Jul 16, 2014.

1. finsraider

finsraider Member

Where did you get that from? I want Harden to be a finisher, which he is very good at. Harden will still get plenty of opportunities to handle the ball.

2. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

The board has gone into meltdown. Only a few like you seem to be talking sense.

3. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Wow my bad, that's a shocker for me, for some reason I thought he was a good finisher, my bad guys. Still love Rubio though.

4. dreammvp

dreammvp Contributing Member

That was funny:grin:
    Most people don't get it or forgot...
    I hope its true...where is the chic who wrote that song for him trying to convince him to stay...

5. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

What's so frustrating is that if he just converted 55-60% of his shots at the rim like an average starting PG, he'd basically be Jason Kidd.

I'd still take him for almost any of the assets we currently have left to offer.

6. dznutz

dznutz Member

all we need now is a billboard with dragic wearing beverley's number and we're set

7. DreaMac

DreaMac Member

Beverly don't care, he will just offer the other cheek.

8. ThisIsOurCity

ThisIsOurCity Member

The rockets need to acquire Goran Dragic and then sign him to an extension at $15 million a year just to shove it in Parsons face. During the press conference re-introducing Goran, Morey can announce to the basketball world that "the rockets found their 3rd star".

All kidding aside, the addition of Goran Dragic would be awesome. That guy went balls-to-the-wall when he was playing for us. He brought a lot of energy and excitement to a franchise that was down after the tmac / yao days came to a sudden end. Not to mention he averaged 20.3ppg and 5.9 apg last season :eek:.

9. mikeyharris

mikeyharris Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>ESPN sources say Pistons and Kings on hunt for a third team to help facilitate deal but Sacramento continues to express interest in Smith</p>&mdash; Marc Stein (@ESPNSteinLine) <a href="https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/statuses/489645493912215552">July 17, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Maybe we're getting a PG through this? Will Bynum?

10. AndySwanny

AndySwanny Member

Definitely not. Neither team has anything we'd want. Bynum wouldn't even really be an upgrade on Canaan/Johnson for the backup point.

11. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Steph curry. He will want out if golden state soon. Steph Curry james Harden and Dwight would destroy everyone.

12. Spooner

Spooner Member

Are you high?

13. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Worst defensive backcourt in NBA history.

14. Spooner

Spooner Member

Kyle Singler could play behind Ariza. Jerebko could help.

As for Sacremento if they got Smith, they would be overloaded at the 4.

Smith, Dwilliams. I wouldn't mind getting Jason Thompson somehow as a Backup 4-5

15. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

My guess, if true, has to be one of these guys

Lawson
    Rubio
    Rondo
    Deron

All the other above average point guards aren't going anywhere.

16. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

Why would Denver even consider getting rid of Ty Lawson?

17. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

They could decide to blow it up and tank. There stuck in mediocrity right now, they either have to swing a trade for another star, or tank and try to draft one. Doubtful it happens though, Denver is too young and talented to blow it up. Wouldn't be shocked if they did though.

18. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

I strongly doubt we could land Lawson, but I'd love to be proven wrong. Consistently underrated (like Conley), but would push us into serious contention.

19. hooroo

hooroo Member

They gave up their rookie 1st rounder Fournier for Afflalo only a month ago. Fournier was looking good last year.

20. Mr Chuck Norris

Affalo is better than that rookie. Way better. You make that trade 10/10 times. Nuggets might make the postseason this year