1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

George Karl Please!!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by colts_1994, Nov 8, 2013.

1. jmcleod

jmcleod Member

Rockets are 4-2 and have a cakewalk upcoming schedule to get the rotations right. McHale is going nowhere anytime soon so it's time to limit the panic posting. This is a long season and will be a good one for the Rockets once the rotation is settled and perimeter defence is improved

2. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

I guess you forgot the first round exits by the Sonics in the early-mid 90s.

It got so bad for him at one point that he was literally crying in the press conference.

3. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

One of the VG's please!

4. Nook

Nook Member

Yes, Karl lead the 1st seed (63-19) Sonics against the 8th seed Nuggets in the first round.... and LOST.

The next year the 57-25 Sonics lost in the first round AGAIN......

In fact only once in the the last 9 times has Karl gotten past the first round.

Adelman and Karl have a combined 48 years of NBA head coaching experience.... and ZERO titles.

5. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

adelman faints

6. Gumblin

Gumblin Member

We need structure and accountability.

7. OremLK

OremLK Member

I would love to get George Karl and I absolutely do think hiring him would be the BEST thing for this team from a basketball perspective...

...but you just can't do it. You sold Dwight and the media on McHale being The Guy, you told the entire team "this is your coach"--you don't do that then fire the guy 6 games into the season when you're 4-2.

Honestly the team would have to implode for McHale to get fired during the season at all.

8. omgTHEpotential

Lionel Hollins anyone?

9. sportsfan786

sportsfan786 Member

Not only because Howard likes him, but because he runs the offense Morey tells him to run. Karl's probably not going to listen to Morey as adamently as McHale does.

10. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

I don't think Mchale will be fired this season. Plus it is too early we have just played 6 games maybe half way thru the season. But i still believe it would screw things more. Coaches and players need the offseason to know the plays and such. I feel McHale wont be fire even if we do bad on the playoff. Next season he will if the team is still as rusty as it is now.

Too many turn overs just like last year. I thought they would be less by now. Specially players like Parsons, LIn and Harden. The travelings by Parsons, or fake 3s and drive in and making our big guys get 3 secs or horrible passes by him. JLin and his bounce passes to Asik but he has improve. Harden Iso ball not moving the ball till last 8 secs. Harden keeping shooting 3s even if he is cold and not hitting one.

11. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

as much as I dislike Mchale, I don't agree with firing him this early in the season or maybe anytime in the season.

Too much turmoil.

I do hope we get a new coach next year though. I hope Mchale makes me eat my words though...

12. joe101

joe101 Member

By definition, he can't be a LOF. But you can be a LOH. ;)
    More likely a LFOH.

13. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Please no George Karl.

14. joe101

joe101 Member

SVG. He should know how to get DH the ball in the post.

15. DangerMouse

DangerMouse Member

As an Aussie NBL fan, one of the coaches I admired most was Brett Brown, I was proud when he went back to states to work as an assistant for Pop at the Spurs. Many credit him for developing Parker and Ginobli. It was fantastic that the 76ers GM did his research and hired him this year. If only we could trade coaches! Brown would be perfect for this team, running the Spurs system.

There are lots of really great coaches out there less high profile than George Karl that would do a better job than McHale IMHO. The sooner we get rid of McHale and bring confidence back to the team through a defined system and player roles the better.

16. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

I like McHale, but Karl is a clear upgrade.

I would definitely look into it this offseason.

17. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

I'd prefer Jerry Sloan.

JVG, Karl, SVG are OK.

18. LoLin

LoLin Member

Jerry Sloan.

For laugh and giggle, though, Stan Van Gundy!

19. kuku

kuku Contributing Member

McHale is here til the end of this year. You can cry and whine all you want, but he is here.

Les will not pick up McHale's option after this year.

Unlike McHale's hire, Morey will take the fullest responsible for next hire. His next contract is riding on it!

Two most likely candidates: JVG and Finch.

No way Morey is interested in Karl or even Sloan. He will not gamble his future on them.

1 person likes this.
  20. aaly1130

aaly1130 Member

***Official hire George Karl Thread***

***Official hire George Karl Thread***

I cant help but think that our situation (albeit new young teams do have their growing pains) is more a flaw in coaching than player personnel. I love McHale because he is a legend and I have the utmost respect for him especially with what he has gone through during the past year. I look at the denver nuggets who are atrocious right now (and this is NOT because they lost iguodala), after firing the COACH OF THE YEAR. George Karl will lead this team to a championship. He will make us a contender THIS YEAR. Few coaches have the understanding of the X's and O's like Karl, McHale unfortunately isn't a good X' and O's coach. Harden doesnt really even respect McHales play calling and will continue to run iso's when he pleases. Too many times we have come out of a time out and not executed a set play. I can't watch this anymore. We need JVG/SVG or Karl. Thoughts?