1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

George Floyd Murder Trial

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by rocketsjudoka, Mar 11, 2021.

1. Reeko

Reeko Member

2. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Biden said he didn't say anything earlier to avoid influencing the jury, and that he only said something now because they were sequestered for deliberations. So still different from how Trump did things.

I think he wanted to say it so he could appeal for calm in case the verdict is not guilty and not have his moral authority undermined by accusations that he was on Chauvin's side. I think he could have done without putting in his own opinion. But, he did it purposefully and for the sake of promoting public calm.

3. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

Invisible Fan likes this.
  4. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

One thing I'm pretty sure is that this isn't going to be a hung jury. I don't think any judge would allow a hung jury after only a day of deliberations.

5. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Waters is politically as dumb as a post, and that’s the nicest thing I can come up with in an attempt to describe the woman. If the verdict turns out to be a “slap on the wrist” for the murdering officer and there is violence, Pelosi should then introduce a motion to censure Waters herself. I’m hoping that the verdict will make the possibility of violence mute, unless it’s violence from racists looking for an excuse.

Meanwhile, the jury has reached a verdict, the murderer is in the building, and the the verdict will be read any minute now.

Invisible Fan likes this.
  6. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

Brian Williams... Why would anyone care what he has to say?

7. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Tucker Carlson. Why would anyone give a **** about what he has to say?

calurker and FrontRunner like this.
  8. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

[​IMG]

9. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

Nice try. yes, if you listen to either one you are an idiot.

10. noize

noize Contributing Member

At work. What's going on in the court house right now?

11. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Brian Williams is a news host. He doesn't have any fans. People tune to him because they turn on the tv and he's just on.

Tucker Carlson has a fanbase.

Deckard likes this.
  12. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

Reports are that Chauvin and the jury are in the courthouse. Not sure what the delay is on reading the verdict.

13. SuraGotMadHops

I'm concerned with the amount of people that are hoping for a verdict and sentence to go a certain way for the purpose of preventing riots. The jury is tasked with being fair and impartial - meaning it will be a huge disservice to justice if they render a verdict out of fear of "well if we don't rule this way, people will riot and will get hurt." How about people just respect the jury's verdict and not break the law in response, whether they agree or disagree?

We've already seen intimidation of alternate jurors, we've seen what the Mayor on Minny, Biden, and Maxine Waters have said...this is dangerous stuff, just stay out of it and respect the judicial process.

JuanValdez likes this.
  14. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

but brian williams offers up a lot in the way of his thoughts and opinions. Hes not just reporting the news in an unbiased fashion like he should be. Plus he’s a pathological liar.

15. fchowd0311

People in these communties don't respond with riots because Joe Biden or Maxine Waters said something. You can't erase a entire life of bad interactions with law enforcement. This is a case of thousands of straws breaking thousands of camels' backs. These people are using their life experiences, not the words of Joe ****ing Biden when they protest or riot.

16. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

oh they are definitely feeling pressure. But the city will likely burn no matter what.

SuraGotMadHops likes this.
  17. fchowd0311

Is it something that you hope happens so you can use it to dismiss any form of activism by the black community to reform law enforcement and the wealth divide?

18. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

We get it. You hate white people.

SuraGotMadHops likes this.
  19. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

And here we go

20. fchowd0311

Ya that's it. That's why I got my leg nearly blown off in a foerign country fighting a war for a country that is majority white...