1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Genius] Dolphins LB Channing Crowder

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by countingcrow, Oct 26, 2007.

1. countingcrow

countingcrow Contributing Member

Crowder learns he won’t need translator in London

By Tim Graham | Wednesday, October 24, 2007, 07:54 PM

Maybe he was joking, but gregarious Dolphins linebacker Channing Crowder confessed today he didn’t know until Tuesday that people spoke English in London.

Crowder, a former Florida Gator and Atlanta native, apparently isn’t sure where the plane is headed when it takes off this afternoon for Sunday’s game against the New York Giants in Wembley Stadium.

"I couldn’t find London on a map if they didn’t have the names of the countries," Crowder said. "I swear to God. I don’t know what nothing is. I know Italy looks like a boot. I learned that.

"I know (Washington Redskins linebacker) London Fletcher. We did a football camp together. So I know him. That’s the closest thing I know to London. He’s black, so I’m sure he’s not from London. I’m sure that’s a coincidental name."

When reminded Dolphins practice squad receiver and NFL Europe veteran Marvin Allen is from London, Crowder’s standup routine didn’t miss a beat.

"He’s from London?" Crowder said. "I knew he was from over there because he talks funny. I was surprised (when they met) because — I don’t want to say he didn’t look the part because that’s a stereotype — but he didn’t look the part. I heard him talk, and I thought he had a recorder and was just mouthing."

:D

2. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

3. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

Yup, genius.

4. countingcrow

countingcrow Contributing Member

Mental Note: Scan threads back further than just one day...

Lock it up...