1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Genious bank robbers bust themselves on FB

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Stacy's knee, Apr 22, 2011.

1. Stacy's knee

Stacy's knee Contributing Member

How are people really this stupid?

http://www.khou.com/news/Investigators-say-Facebook-posts-led-them-to-bank-robbery-suspects-120419189.html

HOUSTON – Four bank robbery suspects were in federal custody Thursday after investigators say they found incriminating posts about the heist on Facebook.

The robbery occurred on March 23, 2011, at the International Bank of Commerce in the 1500 block of Eldridge Parkway.

Police said two masked suspects, armed with what appeared to be semi-automatic pistols, barged into the bank and demanded money from the tellers.

During the robbery, one of the suspects took cash from the teller drawers while the other directed the tellers to the vault room, where he told them to stay.

The suspects got away with over $62,000 in cash, but they left one of their guns at the scene, police said.

Investigators later determined the gun was fake.

On March 30, investigators got a Crime Stoppers tip that bank employee Stephanie Martinez and her boyfriend, Ricky Gonzalez, were involved in the robbery. The tip directed investigators to check their Facebook pages.

Investigators said they found multiple posts on Martinez and Gonzalez’s pages that appeared to reference the robbery.

On March 21, Martinez’s page had a post that read "GET $$$(,."

On March 24, the day after the robbery, Gonzalez’s Facebook post read "WOKE UP DIS MORNING! BUST DOWN A SWISHA!!! LOOK IN THE MIRROR LIKE I’M ONE RICH … WIPE MY TEETH WITH HUNDREDS WIPE MY *** WITH DIS 50s :$:$:$:$:$:$."

On March 25, investigators said Martinez had posted "IM RICH *****" on Gonzalez’s page.

The day before, investigators said Gonzalez posted "U HAVE TO PAST THE LINE SOMETIMES!! TO GET DIS MONEY!!" on Martinez’s page.

When investigators brought Martinez in for questioning, they said she admitted that she was involved in the robbery.

According to court documents, Martinez identified the other suspects as Gonzalez, her coworker, Anna Rivera, and Rivera’s brother, Arturo Salano.

Martinez told police the whole thing was initially Rivera’s idea, because Rivera had been a victim in a previous robbery at the bank and thought it would be easy to stage one, as previous crime had never been solved.

Martinez said she agreed to participate, and the women recruited Gonzalez and Salano.

Martinez said after the heist, they all split the profits evenly at Rivera’s apartment.

Investigators said the other suspects verified Martinez’s story, and all four were arrested.

2. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

I was actually annoyed by how stupid these people are.

3. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Yeah. Good job dumbasses.

I didn't post in the other thread, but if I just robbed a bank, I'd lay low for a while.

4. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Like I said in my Rob a bank thread- keep yo foo mouth shut. foo.

5. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I've heard this before from cops but actually most crimes are solved due to criminal stupidity. For instance the DC Snipers might never have been caught except for they called in to the tip line and left clues directing the police. They even corrected the police when the police appeared to be on the wrong direction.

6. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

Geniouses.

7. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

Rich after splitting 62 grand 4 ways? These people are stupid on multiple levels.

8. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Is the writer sure it was Facebook and not Myspace? C'mon

9. IVFL

IVFL Member

This was the point I was trying to make on the bank robbing thread. There is not a lot of money in banks. I mean sure you may get 60k, but lets face it 60k is not worth 10 years in prison. There is not enough money in a bank for it to be financially viable to rob, especially when you compare that to how long you will be in prison.

10. wallyj12

wallyj12 Member

Pretty soon these dumbassess will be tweeting while they are actually committing these crimes....

"Dam, dis mask is hot but we bout to be on fire craking dat safe open! LOL : ) #robbingbank #wellsfargohighway6 #takinghostages"

1 person likes this.
  11. VanityHalfBlack

I think someone's been watching 'The Town' too many damn times...

12. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

$62k is not enough for me to be wiping my teeth with hundred dollar bills.

13. Acedude

Acedude Contributing Member

I must have OCD for it to bother me this much.

14. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

If you only had 3, it might.

15. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

I don't even understand why you'd do that. Paper bills are dirty. They're just asking for cavities. I'm guessing they don't have dental insurance, so their money would have to cover that.

[​IMG]

16. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

i agree. but i would be wiping with $50s

17. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

I don't know what's more annoying.....the fact that they posted all this garbage on Facebook and got caught, or the fact that they think $15,500 each makes them rich. Morons give me a headache.

18. vaioavan63

vaioavan63 Contributing Member

"With $15,000 we'd be millionaires!"

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  19. Jontro

Jontro Member

Further proof that FB only contributes to the ills of society.

20. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Is this actually considered admissable evidence?