1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

@generalthade_03

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by CCorn, Nov 6, 2020.

1. B@ffled

B@ffled Member

To answer the question. No. I'm not advocating we throw out a ****-ton of votes because the Trump team claims they weren't allowed to observe. I do find that troubling if it's true, but I'd hate to think that would be the solution. I don't have a solution, so let's put that to rest right now.

I'm not asking anything other than a fair election and fair process. When you guys say there is ZERO evidence, are you ignoring the evidence being put forth or just discarding it as a nothing burger? One thing is for sure and that is there is an allegation of large scale improprieties. They've got first hand account, signed affidavits, etc... May be a nothing burger and sour grapes. WE don't know. Out of all the allegations or supposed phuckery, the most troubling one for me is that in PA they had a court order to allow observers in and they wouldn't let Lewandowski and Bondi in. I'm not sure of all the 'details' but there's video of him holding up the order and they wouldn't let him in. What's the harm in letting him in to observe? It's not like he's gonna snatch a few ballots and fill them out. The other would be when they told all of the poll watchers they were done at 10:30 and sent them home and then continued counting into the early morning. I mean, WTF is that? Is it a difference maker? I don't think those two specific instances are but scale it out and I don't know. Is it shady? Hell yes.

So @adoo when you tell me show you hard evidence or GTFO, I'm telling you there's enough there to explore. If the sides were flipped don't you think the Dems would react the same way? Let's put it this way, if this gets overturned by recounts, etc.. I fully expect you guys to want to explore how those decisions were made. Was there any cheating to over turn it?

Anyhoo.. I hope the resolution isn't a time bomb UNLESS it was so corrupt that a time bomb was needed. Hope that makes sense. I don't have sour grapes and the sun is still shining this morning. I can't find any riots to attend today, so hopefully, I'll put my head down and get some work done and turn off the twitter machine.

IBTL likes this.
  2. adoo

adoo Member

i repeat, put up or shut up

HP3 and RayRay10 like this.
  3. B@ffled

B@ffled Member

Straight from the horses mouth :D.........Seriously, dude. If you are unaware of the allegations, it might be because you get your news from CNN or Whoopie Goldberg. I could post a link to a sworn affidavit from a poll watcher and a USPS postal carrier. Would that be enough for you to stop telling me to shut up? google it

4. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I think you are mistaken. For some reason RCP let Andy Puzdner (a former Trump official and guy who owns Carls Jr) write an op ed on their website about how the media shouldn't have called the election. That's probably what you are referring to. Also I dont know what happened to RCP but this year they started changing their models, and really hurt their credibility with election geeks who now cannot rely on their data.

The fact is though... the Media didn't call the election. The data did. When it is statistically impossible for one nominee to win, then the media calls it, but it's about the data. If Fox, or NBC, or the AP do not show how they are coming up with the data that shows the reason why they are calling it then yes, they deserve scrutiny.

So again, the media does not call the election. The votes, and the data models do. This false narrative has festered too much the past couple days with nobody really backing up this fact.

RayRay10 likes this.
  5. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

LOL. Here is the problem. Trump will lose Georgia and Arizona (lost Nevada). He can’t win. LOL

And he is going to lose PA by 100000.

Recounts are not changing 1000s of votes. Definitely not changing 10000s of votes.

6. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

LOL...The Rudy G. Poll watcher? The convicted sex offender who was probably offered a pardon? One USPS employee? Come on,now.

HP3, FranchiseBlade and RayRay10 like this.
  7. adoo

adoo Member

rhetoric built upon rhetoric ! :rolleyes:

u can't possibly be this dense

HP3, Ubiquitin and RayRay10 like this.
  8. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Clicks. Biden is ahead by 40k in PA and there are 50k potential votes left. Trump needs 90% to tie PA, and so far he has averaged 30%. There is no reason to think Trump can regain a vote lead since there are from Philadelphia where Biden is winning by 80% in person or by mail.

FranchiseBlade and RayRay10 like this.
  9. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

ProPublica-Whether the GOP Can Stop Voters From Legally Fixing Rejected Mail-In Ballots Could Decide the Election
    Victoria Benedict, a stationery store owner in Atlanta who has been voting by mail for years, was surprised last month when she went to the Georgia secretary of state’s website and found her ballot had been rejected. A problem with her signature — the state said the one on her ballot did not match what it had on file — set her on a dayslong quest to make sure her vote would be counted.

County staff told her that she would either have to show up at the local election office to sign her ballot or vote in person on Election Day. Either option would risk her health during a pandemic. Instead, on the advice of a friend who volunteers with the state’s Democratic Party, she filled out a form known as a ballot cure affidavit. This time, her vote was accepted.

“I knew to press,” Benedict said. “It just worries me that other voters who didn’t may fall through the cracks.”

The blue wave widely predicted by pollsters never came Tuesday. Now, the unexpectedly thin margins in key states, combined with the vast increase in voting by mail, are highlighting the esoteric process of “curing” ballots, in which people whose mailed ballots are rejected because of signature or other problems are given a second chance. Since mailed ballots in most states tilt Democratic, curing them so that they can be counted is believed to help former Vice President Joe Biden.

“The cure process is going to be really important for a lot of close states,” said Amber McReynolds, CEO of the voting advocacy group Vote At Home, which tracks rejection rates and suggests best practices for states to cure rejected ballots.

Even a few thousand cured ballots could potentially affect the outcome in states still in play in the presidential race as well. As with other aspects of the mail voting process, curing is now the focus of attacks by the GOP. Republicans have already sued in Pennsylvania to block the counting of cured ballots. In many states, voters don’t have to submit their cured ballots until a week or more after Election Day, potentially delaying a final count. In the meantime, Biden campaign workers are engaged in a post-election get-out-the-vote effort, calling and texting these voters and encouraging them to cure their rejected ballots.

While the term may be new to many voters, the curing of rejected ballots has been part of the American electoral process for decades. “We need to let election administrators finish their work,” said Ben Hovland, the chair of the U.S. Election Assistance Commission. Hovland is a Democrat who was appointed by President Donald Trump. “The cure process is simply part of counting, as it always has been, and we need to allow the professionals to finalize the count and certify the results.”

Curing rules vary from one state to the next. In Wisconsin and Michigan, cured ballots must be returned on or before Election Day. In North Carolina and Nevada, ballots can be cured until a week or more after the election. In Michigan and Georgia, election officials must tell voters that their ballots have been rejected, providing an opportunity for curing; Michigan’s legislature added this requirement in fall, after hundreds of curable ballots were rejected in its August primary. In Wisconsin, notification is only encouraged, as was the case in North Carolina until August, when a federal judge ruled that the board of elections must provide a cure process.

In Nevada, 3,536 mail ballots have been rejected for signature problems as of Tuesday afternoon, according to the Nevada secretary of state. Those voters have until Nov. 12 to fix their ballots so they can count.

The number of rejected ballots in Nevada could grow because officials are still collecting mail ballots from drop boxes and the U.S. Postal Service. And whether they’re cured could matter because Biden’s current lead in the state is less than 8,000 votes. Officials said they’ll release more results on Wednesday night.

Counties make lists of voters whose ballots were rejected available to the parties. Democrats in Nevada are organizing hundreds of staff and volunteers to remind voters to cure their ballots before the deadline, according to state party spokeswoman Molly Forgey. Democrats have already successfully fixed 2,340 ballots, compared with 825 Republicans and 1,354 independents, according to data from the secretary of state.

The Nevada Republican Party didn’t respond to a request for comment. In a statement, the party complained it wasn’t being allowed to observe or challenge signature matches. The GOP has sued to stop counting mail ballots in Clark County, the state’s largest and most Democratic, but a judge rejected the Republicans’ motion for a temporary restraining order.

Republicans in Pennsylvania have challenged ballot curing in lawsuits in state and federal court.

In Pennsylvania, a voter whose ballot was rejected can’t mail in a new one. Instead, curing takes a different form. The secretary of state released guidance Oct. 21 that voters whose absentee or mail-in ballots were rejected by county boards of elections could be issued a provisional ballot on Election Day. The county board of elections would then determine later whether the ballot should be counted, according to the guidance.

On Tuesday night, Rep. Mike Kelly, a Republican who represents the northwestern corner of the state, and others sued the secretary of state over the policy in Commonwealth Court of Pennsylvania. The suit seeks to block rejected ballots from being cured by casting a provisional ballot.

It’s not clear how many such ballots there are, and a spokesperson for the secretary of state declined to comment, citing the pending litigation.

In a separate federal suit challenging 98 cured ballots in Montgomery County, a judge seemed unmoved by Republican lawyers’ arguments at a Wednesday morning hearing in Philadelphia. The case is still pending.

“Taken together, these lawsuits amount to an argument that boils down to: ‘Voters get one chance, and if they make a mistake, too bad,’” said Michelle Kanter Cohen, senior counsel at the nonpartisan Fair Elections Center. “This isn’t the way to approach our fundamental rights in a democracy.”

In Georgia, any voter whose ballot is rejected is notified by the county and then will have until Friday to submit a cure form that will allow their signature to be validated. The law requires count officials to reach out to voters by phone or by email, and they must send a letter with instructions if a voter’s contact information is unavailable. Gabriel Sterling, a state official who manages Georgia’s voting equipment, projected on Monday afternoon that the state would reject about 3,000 total ballots.

McReynolds said Vote At Home believes the Georgia outcome will come down to as few as 1,000 votes, making even a small number of rejected ballots crucial to the final result.
    Neither the Trump nor Biden campaigns have requested the names of voters whose ballots were rejected, but the state would do so if asked, said Jordan Fuchs, Georgia’s deputy secretary of state.

North Carolina will be counting cured ballots as well as absentee ballots that were postmarked by Election Day until Nov. 12, an extended deadline that was affirmed by the U.S. Supreme Court in late October despite two separate attempts by Republicans to block the extension.

Data from the State Board of Elections on Tuesday indicated that 6,148 voters have cured their ballots so far, with an additional 6,947 voters whose ballots are “pending cure.” Barack Obama won the state in 2008 by 14,177 votes. The board has reported Trump leading by 76,701 votes, with 117,000 absentee ballots that were requested and have yet to be returned.

The Biden campaign has organized post-Election Day door knocking and phone-banking through Fight for NC to encourage voters to cure rejected ballots. Laurel Birch Kilgore, executive director of the Democratic Party chapter in Wake County, which is the most-populous county in the state, said she had planned to take the day after the election off but has instead been working to recruit volunteers for canvassing. Attempts to reach the North Carolina Republican Party for comment were unsuccessful.

Voters whose ballots need curing tend to be relatively young. Those voters are disproportionately more likely to have their signatures rejected because they have fewer examples on file with the state — either at the department of motor vehicles or the elections office — to check against. “On average, Coloradans have about eight signatures on file, but younger people might have zero or one or two,” said Jenna Griswold, secretary of state for Colorado. “So their rate of rejection is going to be higher — it can be as much as triple that of older voters, but as you get older the rate decreases.”

Izzy Bronstein, a national grassroots organizer for Common Cause, said curing is most prevalent where it’s easy, as in Florida, where it can mostly be done online. She added that curing can be especially impactful in state and local races: “In a presidential election, a single ballot sometimes isn’t going to change anything, but in a city council election it might.”

HP3, mdrowe00 and RayRay10 like this.
  10. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

You guys are so blatantly dishonest. It's absurd.

Fact check: Clip of Biden taken out of context to portray him as plotting a voter fraud scheme

Shared on Facebook and Instagram days leading up to the 2020 U.S. general election, posts show a clip of Joe Biden saying, “We have put together I think the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics.” The posts falsely ask if the video shows the Democratic presidential candidate “admit(ting) to voter fraud.” It was a slip of the tongue - Biden was describing the voter protection program his campaign has launched in anticipation of potential legal fights over the outcome of the Nov. 3 election against President Donald Trump.

The claim feeds into baseless assertions repeated by President Trump and some Republican allies that a surge in mail-in voting amid the coronavirus pandemic will lead to massive fraud in November’s election. Experts say election fraud is vanishingly rare in the United States, where nearly one in four voters cast a mail-in or absentee ballot in 2016.

A Reuters explainer on the security measures states have in place to ensure ballot integrity is available here .

On Oct. 24, President Trump and White House Press Secretary Kayleigh McEnany shared the clip on Twitter, with the president tweeting, “What a terrible thing for Biden to say! Rigged Election?” ( here ) and McEnany tweeting, “@JoeBiden brags about having ‘most extensive VOTER FRAUD organization’ in history” nine hours later ( here ).

The clip was taken from a nearly 27-minute interview with Biden on Crooked Media’s “Pod Save America,” a progressive political podcast hosted by former aides to President Barack Obama Jon Favreau, Jon Lovett, Dan Pfeiffer and Tommy Vietor ( here ). Uploaded to YouTube on Oct. 24, the former vice president’s full interview with Pfeiffer and Lovett is available youtu.be/C6u1uKznCYw .

The clip shared by Trump, McEnany and others starts around the 19:13 mark, when Biden tells Pfeiffer and Lovett, “Secondly, we’re in a situation where we have put together—and you guys did it for President Obama’s administration before this—we have put together I think the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics.”

Biden’s campaign did not respond to Reuters request for comment as of this article’s publication.

Likely meaning to say “voter protection” instead of “voter fraud,” the former vice president is referring to the special litigation team his campaign has launched as it braces for potential legal fights over the outcome of the election (here). Biden’s campaign for months has been ramping up what it calls the largest voter protection program in presidential election history, after Trump repeatedly has suggested without evidence that the election could be “rigged”.

The former vice president goes on to remark that what his opponent “is trying to do is discourage people from voting by implying that their votes won’t be counted, can’t be counted”. Mentioning “the long, long lines at early voting”, he advises voters not to “be intimidated” if they run into roadblocks while trying to cast their ballots. To reach his campaign’s team of “over a thousand lawyers… who will answer the phone if you think there’s any challenge to your voting”, the candidate says to call “833-DEM-VOTE.”

Talking about the Obama administration’s efforts “before this”, Biden was likely referring to the former president’s strategy of challenging voting laws it viewed as discriminating by race, an effort to counter a 2013 Supreme Court ruling that freed states from the strictest federal oversight (here).

Paid for by the Democratic National Committee (DNC), the voter hotline Biden mentions is “monitored by DNC employees 24/7/365 who are ready to field questions pertaining to felon disenfranchisement, voter purging, poll worker misconduct, voter machines, accessibility, and more”. ( here )

On Oct. 25, Fox News published a story picking up on Biden’s mix-up, with the headline “Biden says in video he has created ‘voter fraud organization’” ( here ). The 5th paragraph of the story states that “Biden may have been referring to his campaign's massive "election protection program," which includes former Attorney General Eric Holder and hundreds of other lawyers in preparation for a legal battle in the event of a contested election.”

The Reuters Fact Check team has debunked multiple social media claims about alleged voter fraud in the lead-up to the 2020 general election. Examples can be found here , here , here , here , here , here , and here

VERDICT
    Missing context. This clip of Biden allegedly “admitting” to voter fraud has been shared out of context. As seen in the full interview, the former vice president was discussing his campaign’s voter protection program.

11. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Reeks of desperation.

Nook and RayRay10 like this.
  12. B@ffled

B@ffled Member

13. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

NCGOP
    @NCGOP
    The Official Twitter account of the North Carolina Republican Party. #ncgop
    North Carolinanc.gopJoined April 2008

The ole plausible deniability of being the dumbest, most gullible people in the country.

Invisible Fan, Nook, jiggyfly and 3 others like this.
  14. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

Invisible Fan and RayRay10 like this.
  15. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

Next time try not to look like an idiot please

RayRay10 likes this.
  16. Reeko

Reeko Member

Where is this pathetic coward @generalthade_03 ? Be a man for once and pay up on your bets

17. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

So you gonna continue with this passive, aggressive BS?

What the hell do you think needs to be "explored"

IBTL and RayRay10 like this.
  18. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Dude stop you are embarrassing yourself.

Again.

So the next thing you are gonna tell us is that Biden admitted this on camera because he is senile, right?

What the hell do you think a affidavit proves?

RayRay10 likes this.
  19. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Wow he didn’t pay?

20. Reeko

Reeko Member

No, he ran away like the coward that he is.

We haven’t seen him since Tuesday night once Trump’s lead starting vanishing. He has at least $100 in bets to pay, including a $50 bet with me.

@generalthade_03 stay true to your word and donate the money that u owe to this site

RayRay10 likes this.