1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(Gay) Niner: no sweet stuff in the locker room

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by basso, Jan 30, 2013.

1. Cold Hard

Cold Hard Member

Culliver's last game as a San Francisco 49er may be tonight.

By saying the bolded, you are basically saying that you are OK with other people hating gays and thinking they're abominations. Substitute "racist", "bigot", "misogynist", etc etc. in for "gay". What if it were your own kid, wife or brother who had these stupid views.

People like you are part of the problem. If it weren't for folks like you, society would be much farther along in its acceptance of homosexuality.

2. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

I guess I regard Arian as the type of man who would say something in defense those who are being attacked because of how they are. He doesn't have to say some sort of confrontational statement, but something like "I appreciate and welcome all my teammates who I work with. I would support anyone who I work with no matter who they love," would have been nicer to see.

And who knows what Arian actually said since Commodore paraphrased it.

3. Duncan McDonuts

Hold on there. Before you go condemning anyone for their opinions, remember that they are only opinions.

There is something called freedom of speech here, and one is certainly entitled to it whether it is right or wrong. Foster said he did NOT agree with Culliver's anti-gay sentiments, but he has the right to say it. If Culliver is involved in any gay bashing or hazing, that is where the line is crossed.

4. basso

basso Member
    Supporting Member

and CBS kicks off coverage with Freddy Mercury.

subtle.