1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(Gay) Niner: no sweet stuff in the locker room

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by basso, Jan 30, 2013.

1. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

too much testosterone:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--r...ld-not-be-welcomed-on-the-team-190346715.html

Niners CB says openly gay players would not be welcomed on the team

NEW ORLEANS – San Francisco 49ers cornerback Chris Culliver has made inflammatory comments regarding homosexuality in football just a few days before Super Bowl XLVII.

Shock jock Artie Lange revealed he had interviewed Culliver at media day Tuesday and aired a segment on his show that night, where the player insisted that any gay players would not be welcome on the team.

"I don't do the gay guys man," said Culliver, whose Niners play the Baltimore Ravens on Sunday. "I don't do that. No, we don't got no gay people on the team, they gotta get up out of here if they do.

"Can't be with that sweet stuff. Nah…can't be…in the locker room man. Nah."
    When quizzed by Lange whether any homosexual athletes would need to keep their sexuality a secret in football, Culliver responded: "Yeah, come out 10 years later after that."

The 49ers released a statement Wednesday in response to Culliver's remarks:
    "The San Francisco 49ers reject the comments that were made [Tuesday], and have addressed the matter with Chris. There is no place for discrimination within our organization at any level. We have and always will proudly support the LGBT community."

In the NFL's long history, there has never been an openly gay active player. However, sexual orientation has increasingly come into the spotlight recently.
    The Manti Te'o girlfriend hoax saga was believed by many to be a ruse designed to hide his homosexuality, a claim that was vehemently denied by the former Notre Dame defensive star.

Baltimore Ravens linebacker Brendon Ayanbadejo has been an outspoken supporter of gay rights, using the profile of Super Bowl week to bring the issue further into the spotlight.

[Related: Ray Lewis agitated over link to PED during Super Bowl week]
    And Monday, a report surfaced that former NFL player Kwame Harris had been charged with assaulting a former boyfriend.

"You always think because of the odds and the numbers there are gay players in the NFL," former Pittsburgh Steelers running back Jerome Bettis told Huffington Post Live. "They haven't obviously come out and told anyone about it not even behind the scenes.

"Obviously there will be people who disagree and people who don't have a problem with it, but that will be in life as well. I don't think it is going to affect someone's play.

"Because it is so testosterone driven, it'd be really difficult for a gay player to stand up and say, 'Hey, I'm gay and I'm an NFL player.' "

Culliver, 24, did little to improve his own reputation on Wednesday, sending out a Tweet about a woman's monthly cycle.

Culliver, a reserve defensive back for San Francisco, appeared in all 16 games, recording 48 tackles and two interceptions.
    --

young man, never met these.
    [​IMG]

2. raj87

raj87 Member

Would be great if Manti fell to the Niners.

1 person likes this.
  3. SC1211

SC1211 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Shameful.

4. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

GET OUT RUDY!!!

5. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

They do need more linebackers... I wouldn't mind an awesome, hard-hitting, flamboyantly gay, feminine LB. That would be awesome.

6. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

A guy that plays for San Fran doesn't like gay people?

Way to reach out to the fans in the city (not that most people in San Fran are actually gay, but I'm sure most of them are pro-gay rights).

7. br0ken_shad0w

br0ken_shad0w Member

While this is probably what most NFL players think to themselves, he's a ****ing for opening his mouth.

8. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

:eek: My money is on the first openly gay dude being a

Tight end!
    Wide Receiver??
    [​IMG]

9. basso

Supporting Member

backfield in motion.

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/VUuJxuMRLwI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

10. SkyrimOwnsAll

SkyrimOwnsAll Member

i agree with Culliver, never got the fasination gays especially with involving men. I think its sick, and people who think like me have a right to feel that way raised in the catholic church

marriage is between a man and a woman

11. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

As some random dude on the internet you can say things like this without repercussions. But as an NFL player, it wouldn't be wise to express such thoughts. You will gain the ire of many groups and could end up being a distraction for your team.

But I am confused by what this part is supposed to mean:

12. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You don't have to be fascinated about gay people just treat them as you would anyone else.

13. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

It's sad and Ironic how a Black Athlete could want his team and players to segregate themselves from Gay Atheltes.

MLK would be proud :(

I remember learning in School that there was a time your race (Black people) would be lynched by Holy Men for even looking at a White women. I guess that doesn't make you sick though.

14. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Gay people being lynched?

Rocket River

15. juicystream

You are free to feel this way. He is free to feel this way. He is free to quit his job if he doesn't like a co-worker because he is homosexual. The 49ers organization is free to cut him because of his public comments.

The 49ers are not free to discriminate against a homosexual player. These kinds of opinions are best kept to yourself when you are a public figure.

16. juicystream

There have been hate crimes against homosexuals, including murder...

17. REEKO_HTOWN

18. basso

Supporting Member

MLK was a great american. i'm not sure however that there's any evidence he was supportive of gay rights.

19. basso

Supporting Member

i think he means this is ok, but this is not.

20. REEKO_HTOWN

He was supportive of Civil rights correct?