1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

GASOL would probably miss rox game on sunday

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by rocketfan.china, Mar 14, 2008.

1. dedong22

dedong22 Member

bring on gasol !! it'll be so much more interesting

2. YallMean

YallMean Member

Lakersground is saying timetable for his return is TBD after MRI today. Looks like he wont play tomorrow.

3. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

The Suns would have to pass them for the division lead in order for them to drop out of the top 4.

4. MaxwellsTemper

I'm not sure which I prefer. It would be nice if he's out, making it a bigger possibility that we win the game and keep this record-breaking streak alive.

But at the same time, I'm like a lot of other fans, I want to see the Rockets go up against a full-strength legit contender and use it as a gauge of where we are right now. In my mind, I see us as a contender, and we've beaten several legit teams during the run. But beating a full-strength Lakers team would leave no doubt in my mind we are legit. Because in reality, this streak really doesn't mean much if we don't get it done in the playoffs.

5. mic

mic Contributing Member

I'm not going to lie. I definitely prefer him out. We have the week from hell coming up, and who knows if Landry will be back for Sunday's game?

6. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

I'm telling you, even with Gasol, I think the Rox are just as good. I am not worried about the Lakers. I am worried about one team in the West and two teams in the East. Other than that, I think we beat everybody else barring injury.

7. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I know. Right now the Suns are two games behind them. If Gasol misses the next two weeks (8 games), the Lakers could have trouble finishing ahead of the Suns. @HOU, @DAL and @UTH coming up should be tough. They also play a back to back, home and home with the Warriors. I know they own Golden State but probably not without Pau.

The Suns don't have an easy schedule either so anything can happen.

8. Qball

Qball Contributing Member

Gasol out?

Just another reason for the haters to write off our run. "Rockets still haven't beat an elite team. Dallas and Lakers weren't at full strength!! Rockets still suck lolloll!!1!eleven" :rolleyes:

9. Lemarc

Lemarc Member

These other team get the benifit of teh doubt and say "Oh we didnt have our star tonight, you got lucky Houston!"

We miss the Great Wall every night and we dont cry like infants! Admit that you've been getting your keisters kicked NBA. Do not admit defeat only because of injury and do not say that we have been playing weaker teams because hell at 21 wins how many are left?

10. Asian Sensation

Lakers are still a strong a team without Gasol and it will be a tough matchup either way.

11. rock8ts

rock8ts Member

we're not at full strenght either. no yao and landry.

12. noize

noize Contributing Member

Laker boards said he would be out for two weeks.

13. lunaticrocket

lunaticrocket Rookie

Not to worry, we play 5 other contenders in the month of March. I hope he is out. We need to win this game.

14. Hilltopper

Hilltopper Contributing Member

Jackson said Gasol is out for sure after todays practice in Houston.

15. dafranchise0309

No Gasol or Bynum? They have Kwame brown still??

I think the lakers will begin to drop a few spots in the west..

16. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

Yes and Magic and Kareem should be available as well. ;)

17. emoreland

emoreland Contributing Member

Per ESPN crawler: Gasol to miss the next 3 games.

18. Tonaaayyyy

Tonaaayyyy Member

Rockets > Lakers

19. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

Who cares if Dirk or Gasol or West etc.etc. wasn't "there?" In just five years Rockets fans and other teams will just remember 21 or 22 or 23 consecutive wins -- whatever it winds up being.