1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

GASOL would probably miss rox game on sunday

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by rocketfan.china, Mar 14, 2008.

1. RaferMadness

RaferMadness Rookie

word, without bynum and gasol wow just wow! but they did sign smush parker again lol

2. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

You can't blame things for breaking your way...

3. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

4. Scientific1

Scientific1 Member

Without Gasol, dont the Lakers look like a copy of the Rockets? Difference is, we have way better role players and dont depend nearly as much on one player like they do. I can already hear the excuses if we win about how mcuh the win is a fluke without Gasol, the game will essentially be T-Mac vs Kobe and everyone else. But we play better as a team than the Lakers do and we're getting it done.

5. Jd1

Jd1 Member

:eek: I would not call it even unless his name is D.Howard.

6. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

now we'll see if kobe can do what tracy has done losing a big guy in the middle ;)

7. iku

iku Member

kobe already showed us tonight that he couldnt. they were killed by the noh :| which btw, we killed TWICE during the streak :D

8. Mehdi

Mehdi Rookie

Hey we dont have yao so get over it lakers = )

Still going to be a great game i can't wait!

9. RaferMadness

RaferMadness Rookie

I cant wait to see who landry will dunk on! I wanted to see him dunk on gasol, but Kobe will do :p

10. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

correction, he is Cat's running mate with the Clippers

11. RaferMadness

RaferMadness Rookie

the clippers? who are they?

lol but ya my bad

12. RaferMadness

RaferMadness Rookie

13. ShadyMcGrady

ShadyMcGrady Contributing Member

Wow.

Damnit! I would much rather face all these teams at full strength just so long a we have Yao back for the remainder of the season.

But still, it's a tight race, and wins are wins. I hope we can take advantage and win both the Lakers and Celtics games.

14. RaferMadness

RaferMadness Rookie

both games being at home in an almost packed arena ( stupid corporates), it is very possible

15. as_sstomper

as_sstomper Member

Yeah! It wont matter when the playoffs start (and we are in the number 1 seed) who was injured when.

16. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

Battier has outclutched him though

17. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Their next 3 games (@HOU, @DAL, @UTH) are tough but their whole remaining schedule isn't that difficult. While it may be hard for the Lakers to stay a top 4 seed, no way the Nuggets catch them if Pau is out only 2 weeks.

The main issue is Kobe will have to play extended minutes with extended energy to finish out the regular season.

18. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

LOL yeah, like karma is going to be the main reason they lose instead of not playing up to their potential. REAL :rolleyes:.

We don't have Yao, they don't have Pau. Lakers may not be a 100% but neither are we.

19. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

Gasol made the trip to HTown, but the Lakers are preparing to play the game without him.

http://lakersblog.latimes.com/lakersblog/2008/03/bad-night-all-a.html

"But in news that will absolutely not rotate that frown in the slightest, the Lakers may have lost Pau Gasol for a while. He went down at the 9:27 mark of the first quarter after stepping on Vlad Radmanovic's foot and rolling his ankle, didn't return, and left the arena after the game on two of the longest freakin' crutches I've ever seen and sporting a walking boot, which apparently the Lakers buy in bulk. He'll be reevaluated in Houston, but short of divine intervention, won't play Sunday against the Rockets, or likely the rest of the trip. (Phil Jackson said he'd be "ecstatic... well, maybe not ecstatic, but, you know, happy" if Gasol was able to suit up before the Lakers return home.)

After the game, Gasol said he'd rolled the same left ankle in training camp with the Grizzlies, and it took about 10 days to heal. He said this one felt "similar," but he didn't look like a guy who thinks he'll be back in a few days. The Lakers, then, will need to prepare for a run without any of their primary bigs in the lineup.

The effects of his absence were felt in the second half, when the Hornets came out strong, crashed the boards and got inside, while the Lakers because almost exclusively a perimeter team. Jackson said they'll get to practice tomorrow in Houston and work on a plan to try and keep the offense moving. Meanwhile, it'll be bigger minutes for Ronny Turiaf, more time for LO down low, and some burn for DJ Mbenga. But no question, this one hurts. A lot."​

Let's not go getting too excited though.

Stay humble.

20. Jeremiah

Jeremiah Contributing Member

Second time he's rolled his ankle this season? He needs to do some ankle strenghtening exercises. if this is an ongoing issue. I'm not saying it will prevent all ankle rolls, but it will surely diminish injury.