1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Gas Prices In Your Area

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Champ Caliber, May 10, 2008.

1. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

3.77 here in Indiana.

2. playlife

playlife Member

gas went from 3.65 yesterday to 3.95 today in Ohio :(

3. F.D. Khan

F.D. Khan Contributing Member

The irony of Venezuela is that with astronomical Oil prices most nations
    would want to pump out as much as possible, whereas Venezuela's production
    has declined the last two years!!!!

This is mainly due to firing much of the National Venezuelan Petroleum workforce and replacing them with his cronies.

I have never really been a big proponent of the Iraq invasion, but maybe Bush is a bit smarter than we all thought. They knew that oil would be a bigger factor in the future and decided to go into Iraq to allow the US to have some control over this precious commodity.

Everyone complains and whines about Exxon, Chevron etc, but the major US producers make up less than 10% of global oil. The rest is these dictatorships and totalitarian regimes that run their business not like an efficient corporation, but like a corrupt family store.

The irony of higher gas prices is that people don't complain about paying $4 for a starbucks coffee and relative to much of the world (aside from oil producing countries or ones in which its government subsidized) our prices are lower.

Why is Bush at fault for a global commodity price increase?? You guys are so blindsided by your hate that its laughable.

4. smoove shoez

smoove shoez Member

How is that possible. :eek:

5. wreck

wreck Contributing Member

yea dont feel sorry for the ppl with suvs or huge trucks. theyre the reason gas is in such high demand, why cant everyone drive a prius. i mean except for work trucks there really is no reason to drive v8s. :mad:

im just jealous that i cannot afford an suv. :(

6. wreck

wreck Contributing Member

i knew a person from venezuela once and they said gas was dirt cheap over there....but no once could afford to have a car. low demand...low price. and it seems like that dictator over there isnt in a hurry to relieve our biggest need. i hate that guy...not just for the oil for everything that he does.

7. ndnguy85

ndnguy85 Contributing Member

[​IMG]

that's what i had to pay yesterday! i remember filling up 3 years ago for 25 bucks.

oh ya i put supreme btw. yes i can save 20 bucks a month but my car is way too sluggish if i put regular in.