1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Gary Trent??

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Scarface, Dec 12, 2000.

1. Scarface

Scarface Supremely FocASSed
    Supporting Member

Guys what do you think it would take for Cuban and Co. to part with Gary Trent?? This guy is a warrior(well other than his injuries) and would solve our power forward needs as I don't see Webber coming here next year. You think a Carlos Rogers and draft pick would do it?

------------------
    "We need to fockass".....Dream back in the day

2. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

This guy played 11 games all of last year, and hasn't played one this year. I don't think it'd take too much to get him considering his injuries. Trent has talent but he never is healthy, so I wouldn't exactly count on him as the answer of your needs. You can't count on him for much of anything considering the injuries.

------------------
    President of the Jason Collier and Mo Taylor fan club!

Looking for next year's Jason Collier or Dan Langhi? Draftsource.net
    ClutchTown.com

3. Francis3

Francis3 Member

Healthy Gary Trent is better than Mo. But like cat said , gary is never healthy. So forget it.

------------------
    Vice President of the Jason Collier fan club!

4. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Speaking of guys we may be able to get

How about either Harrington or Bender out of Indiana. Bender in particular only gets about 11 minutes per game and seems to be getting less and less PT as the year goes on. Maybe it wouldnt take so much to pry him away now, or does Indiana management still view him as "the future."

Hed be a project but may turn out in the longrun, if we didnt have to give away too much talent.

------------------
    "There are some frauds so well conducted that it would be stupidity not to be deceived by them."
    Charles Caleb Colton (1780-1832)

5. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Honestly . ..

I'm not looking for another PF
    esp not another 'PF for the FUTURE'
    we got to that are very able.

Trent is oft injured. .. if we wanted
    that we would have kept Massenburg
    and his 82 game hang nail injury

Bender - I've heard alot . . Seen little
    Othella is my fella but honest KY is Othella
    only shorter but with more range.

Rocket River

------------------

6. Scarface

Scarface Supremely FocASSed
    Supporting Member

Well I must agree with you on the oft-injured part but I would be VERY surprised to see him miss any more games this year once he gets off the injured list. In preseason I was saying to myself "man he looks like he is in his best shape of his career" and that very game he pulls his groin. Anyhow this guy is a LOAD down low and I would rather have him for 60 games than Mo Taylor for 82.

------------------
    "We need to fockass".....Dream back in the day