1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Gary Kubiak: Arian Foster can handle 400 or more carries

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by ROXRAN, Oct 1, 2012.

1. Raven

Raven Member

This is just the mindset of NFL coaches, and it will never change, and Arian might fear media/public backlash more than he fears burning out or getting hurt. Personally, I think Arian is being pushed way too hard, and his silence on the matter doesn't lessen my concern one single bit.

2. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

I've been noticing that this season he's been getting tripped up quite often. Sometimes from losing his feet on a pivot or cut and other times from a defender. IMO, that has prevented several long runs this season. Once he starts breaking more runs of 15+ yards his number of carries will go down.

3. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

If he got to 400 carries because we needed him to carry the ball 26 times a game+ to win, that would be one thing.

But when we have 20 point leads it is ridiculous that he is still out there running the football when you have Tate and Forsett on the bench. It isn't like he's gashing teams at 5 ypc either. He's under 4 YPC right now. Let the other two guys each the sub 4 yard carries in garbage time.

4. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

Last game, Tate seemed to disappear for about 2 quarters which can probably be explained by his toe issue. In Denver, Foster had gone on record saying the Denver altitude wouldn't affect him as bad as some because he grew up in similar areas and from that game, I think that was correct because after a while they did stop going to Tate.

I do think Kubiak needs to try to get Tate and Forrset more involved, definitely with Tate's injury, a few carries for Justin but I don't think he actually intends to send Foster out 400 times unless he has to due to needing to win an important game or due to injuries to our back ups.

5. Win

Win Contributing Member

Just my humble opinion but I get a completely different picture on this. I honestly think Kubes is massaging Arian's ego and letting him pile up some easy yards. I dont know if he used to in the past (it doesn't seem like it) but Kubiak is obviously catering more to his stars this year. One look at the weekly injury report almost always gives Foster, Joseph and Johnson a free pass on practice... No complaints as it is working.

6. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

A friend of mine plays on the texans and he says Arians the franchise and gets treated as such. What err that means I didn't ask him to elaborate but also didn't make it sound like there was any jealousy te locker room in very cohesive right now everyone is on the same way and believes we're the best team in football. Swag son.

7. Relentless

Relentless Member

[​IMG]

Don't ever use the Swag to describe my Texans.

8. gwayneco

gwayneco Contributing Member

While it hardly settles the issue, Terrell Davis is a cautionary tale. After his 392 carry 2000 yard season, he only had 312 carries and 1200 yards for the rest of his career, a career that was over by the age of 30.

9. likestohypeguy

Just don't wear him out before the PO's!

KubiAAAK!!
    :mad:

10. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

Sean Alexander

11. justtxyank

Seems legit.

12. Raven

Raven Member

And there's no media to hold Kubiak's feet to the fire. Pancakes and Queen won't dare say anything.

13. babyface44

babyface44 Member

We are having a great season and people are still complaining. I wouldn't give a rat's a$$ is Foster had 20 carries a game for 60 yards as long as we are WINNING. Cut these guys some slack. We are punishing teams. Who cares about a record if your team is losing? If we were losing those games, ya'll would be talking about trading him. Can't please everyone. I guess I'm just too much of a Texans fan to find something wrong with Foster's numbers.

14. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Hartmann used to go to my gym, I've seen Reed in my neighborhood at least a half dozen times, I've seen Barwin at a food truck, Owen Daniels runs around cook off, ran into Winston at the movies. They probably are friends with everybody. Never seen athletes just blend in like that although I'm sure nobody knows who any of the Dynamo or current Astros guys are.

15. haven

haven Member

I find it hard to believe that any RB is "built" to withstand 400+ carries. But, what's harder to understand is why Kubiak is tempting fate in blowouts. There's only downside.

16. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

29 more carries tonight.

17. tamericus

tamericus Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Hopefully he can hold up through the season.

18. SportsFanatic

SportsFanatic Member

I think we gave him a little more work than usual do the fact that it was a close game, no Tate, and Forsett was pretty much ineffective. I have no doubt that Foster can handle the workload but do we really wanna take that chance? Especially when we have such a capable backup.

19. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

when you're winning, you get a lot of rushes running out the clock

20. justtxyank

Jokes on you Kubiak.