1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Gary Kubiak: Arian Foster can handle 400 or more carries

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by ROXRAN, Oct 1, 2012.

1. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

The reality is the regular season is 25% done and Foster leads the league in carries at 103,... this translates to 412 carries at the end of the reg., and a definite threat to set the carries record for possibly more. While I admire the good, consistent workhorse performance with proven TD punch in ability, ...Foster is better than this. He can do more. I would be lying if I said I don't miss those 20 attempt, 118 yard games we got use to in 2010 and 2011. . .
    Foster still has time to have his best season (numbers-wise), and I think he will turn the ypc up. but I wonder how soon can we expect that?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-arian-foster-can-handle-400-or-more-carries/

2. Win

Win Contributing Member

I think Foster is in complete coast mode right now. It's obvious he is dodging big hits and I guess as long as he turns it up when it starts to count it wont matter that much. Another certainty is this is part of this years grand design by Kubes - along with taking it easy on Joseph and Johnson in practice. - I do miss seeing some of those screens and other receptions Foster used to get so many yards on.

3. DOMINATOR

DOMINATOR Member

i agree. i dont think kubiak/texans are going to unleash their full play book for awhile.
    do think tate needs to take a few more carries from foster though.

4. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I dont think the rum blocking has been as good this year. Tates ypc is down too.

5. macho87

macho87 Member

Larry Johnson says hi.

6. Raven

Raven Member

Going to run him into the ground.

:(

7. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Rum blocking you say? We don't take kindly those words...

[​IMG]

8. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

Exactly.

9. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

Tate's been injured or in the doghouse lately, I expect the carries to even out eventually.

10. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

If we didn't have Tate I could see the logic but with big leads in the fourth there is no reason why Arian should still be out there. For that matter Matt either.

11. arjun

arjun Member

whats the point to unleash foster when we are blowing teams out....no point in him getting worn out or hurt

12. Ender120

Ender120 Contributing Member

Can he handle 400+ carries?

Who cares?

Do we need to expose him to injury 400+ times?

Hell no.

Keep him fresh for the playoffs and give Big Ben Tate his fair share. Some people were talking preseason how we had two top-ten RBs.

If that's anywhere even close to approaching true, why would you run your #1 into the ground?

13. BleedsRocketRed

almost ever RB that had 400+ carries in one season missed significant amount of time due to injuries the following season.

We need to lower those carries, no need to run him into the ground in blowout games

14. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Foster doesn't run nearly as hard as LJ did that one year.

I also don't really believe Kubiak has any intention of giving Foster 400 carries over the regular season.

15. liljojo

liljojo Member

Well at the rate we're going, we'll just sit him the last 4 games.

16. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

He doesn't run the same way the typical 400+ guys ran... still though you have to get worried. More so about his future than now. The precedence has been set, it'd be foolish to assume 400+ carries wont shorten his career. Foster does seem to just knife to the ground instead of taking the big hit and we all know he can turn that on (Baltimore in the playoffs) so who knows. But yeah, I'm worried, but hey - it's Superbowl or bust this year.

17. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

Sensationalist title.

18. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

i maybe naive but i would have more faith in arian taking care of his body on his own than larry johnson, earl campbell or any other running back who was run into the ground by their respective organization. he's just a different guy with a different mindset

19. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

I think we'd all rather have him fresher for the post-season. That's when he will have to carry the team against run defenses like Baltimore, Chicago, or San Fran.

20. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Yeah he reminds me a little of Marshall faulk in that he doesn't take unnecessary hits.