1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Gary Kubiak Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by whag00, Dec 6, 2013.

1. whag00

whag00 Contributing Member

Thanks for the back-to-back division titles and giving this city something worthwhile to root for over the past 7 plus seasons.

2. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Hey if we're going to blame him for our failures. we should get praised for the positive stuff that happened as well. It was his system that we ran to get our division titles

3. dmc89

dmc89 Member

Although we weren't too good for some years, 2008-2012 was a very fun Texans team to watch under Kubiak's tenure.

4. droopy421

droopy421 Member

Thanks for the good times, it was time to part ways.

5. Nook

Nook Member

Appreciate what exactly?

a lengthy 6-7 rebuilding process that resulted in an 11-1 start and an absolute collapse down the stretch?

I know he is a very good and hard working man, and is a good citizen.... I appreciate that.

However, I do not have any appreciation for him as the head coach of the Texans.

I wish him the best, just not with the Texans.

6. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

one thing you can certainly say about Kubes is he has kept it classy. good luck on his future endeavors.

7. Pete Chilcutt

Pete Chilcutt Contributing Member

Wish him the best but not the best for us

8. conundrum

conundrum Rookie

Good luck Kubiak, you'll make a fine QB coach somewhere!

9. Marteen

Marteen Member

Thanks for you did while with the Texans. Sucks that it didn't turn out like one would have hoped.

10. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

NOPE
    [​IMG]

Loser of a coach.

.488 coaching record.

11. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Never heard anyone say a bad thing about him, personally. Seems like a nice guy. I wish him well.

12. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Wish it could have turned out better for you in your hometown, Coach. Hope you get some rest and return to full-health before putting yourself back into the meat grinder that is coaching in the NFL.

13. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

thanks! take care of your health!

14. edwardc

edwardc Member

Wish him all the luck

15. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

I wish him well. I like him and think he's a smrt guy. But maybe to nice to be a head coach.

16. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Get well. Take the year off. Wait for Sumlin to get an NFL gig and then swoop in as the next TAMU coach.

I appreciate Coach, for the system that has given us Arian Foster. I just wish you'd have gotten mad at pancakes, just once.

17. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Took the Texans from an expansion laughing stock to an actual respectable team with playoff (then Super Bowl) aspirations.

Just took him too long to do it... would he have done it faster with an "established" team vs. an expansion disaster with a non-viable roster when he took over? Who knows... but I'll give him credit for finally doing something with this 2002-born team, and giving this city a taste of competitive NFL football again.

In the end, he had a fair shot... ultimately failed... time to move on.

18. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Wish him the best. Should have taken the extra year McNair offered after all.

Good guy who's place in the NFL is being a coordinator or position coach, not a head coach. Wasn't his fault McNair didn't fire him 3 years ago.

19. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Dear Kubiak,
    I really do appreciate that you helped us from being bottom dwellers to a mediocre team. And as much as this season was a total %^&* job, you helped lead this team to 2 division titles, and two playoffs wins vs Cincy. That obviously is totally overshadowed by the terrible atrocious performance that your playoff team from last year decided to be this year: The #1 favorites for the #1 draft pick. You arent the only reason for this year's failure, but someone has to take the fall. You can physically alter the game and its outcome, but you stuck with a toxic relationship with Matt Schaub(passing up a chance to work with Manning). Gary thanks for the good, but unfortunately the bad and the mediocre outweighed the good. I wish you, your health and your family the best moving forward.

20. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Keep battle fighting.