1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Garuba is looking like a miss

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jayhow92, Dec 27, 2021.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I thought Garuba would be in the Gleague, not because he stunk so much as that I thought the Rockets had other bigs they were developing and he wouldn't get the time he needed.

Injury to Fernando and it opened the door and Garuba busted through it and looks great on the Goon Squad.

DD

2. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

JC needs minutes instead of being in the doghouse.

Corrosion, Plowman, clos4life and 5 others like this.
  3. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

I do worry what will happen when Bruno returns.

clos4life, DaDakota, Futron and 2 others like this.
  4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Props to Garuba for improving.

Dunk was nasty.

D-rock, clos4life and Zen Tabak like this.
  5. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

other than catching lobs, i see nothing bruno does better than garuba. but since silas is a god damn fool i expect to see bruno get his rotation minutes back and garuba to log weeks of DNP-CD's

6. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Garuba is looking GREAT!! Its always a good feeling when you dont need to be heard as a spicy contributor with hot takes of 'bust' or otherwise and your patience gets rewarded!

7. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

No DD that is not what you said during the off season. We can pretend it is though.

Richie_Rich and AroundTheWorld like this.
  8. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

He'll get min if he doesn't play so selfishly

clos4life and Scarface like this.
  9. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

I thought that too, but went back through this thread and it’s exactly what he said in this thread. I do remember another post where he wanted to trade or cut him because he would never be anything special, but it wasn’t in this thread and may have just been a frustrated tirade like I’ve had a time or two. I think DD flips flops once in a whirl and is pretty bad at player evaluation, but he is pretty consistent in his opinions and is obviously a great Rockets fan.

10. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

He knows how to play. He just need time to adjust to NBA. He was more like PF/SF playing for Spain. Now he's C/PF.

D-rock and Verbal Christ like this.
  11. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

Agreed. But I expect/fear Bruno will eat Senguns minutes...

12. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

People downplay the lob threat of Bruno off of dives to the rim because it seems low skill relative to Sengun's twisty turny post contortionism - but that's a huge thing that makes Green and Porter's at-the-rim game that much better when there's a pass that can float over the top.

Garuba has been an anchor to the offense but not so much lately because Eason and Martin have been very disruptive, have hit long shots, and created transition. In the halfcourt when the other team can play 4 on 5 is when it becomes a problem.

For some reason - his 75% 3 point shooting? - Toronto was guarding him way out on the perimeter in the 1st half and that was great - more space - i didn't see if they stopped this in the second half.

#932 SamFisher, Nov 11, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2022
    DaDakota likes this.
  13. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Rim runners and athletic defending bigs are invaluable to a guard attack freedom of movement offense.

Corrosion likes this.
  14. Reeko

Reeko Member

I don’t think he’s anything special…he has 2 left feet on offense and little athleticism/skill…I appreciate his hustle and effort tho

he does manage to make an impact at least

clos4life and Dobbizzle like this.
  15. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Oh for sure. DD is synonymous with Clutchfans for me. I know I have read another post as well where he listed the players in terms of importance to the future. A ranking I guess and DD did not even include Garuba meaning he was a complete throwaway and afterthought.

16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

That is exactly what I said. That he wasn't good enough yet, and needed time to develop and he wouldn't get that in Houston because other bigs were on the roster.....and because of that he would be in the Gleague.

And yes, I did think he would be tossed aside as he needed more development than other....right now even, he gets by on great hustle, good D, and movement - which this team needs......I didn't think he would be this impactful even with the team, was wrong there for sure.

I still don't think he is that important for the core though. I still think the biggest thing is that we find a heirachy between.

Green
    KPJ
    Sengun

Jabari seems like for me more of a high level role player ala Robert Horry than a guy to build around.
    DD

#936 DaDakota, Nov 11, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2022
  17. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I envisioned Jabari being a taller K Thompson. If that ever happens I am content with that.

Richie_Rich, clos4life and carib like this.
  18. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Looking like this thread was a miss

19. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

Bumping again that this thread and the OP was a miss.

DreamShook and clutchdabear like this.
  20. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Damn guys I've already admitted I was wrong. How much crow do I need to eat?

fryjol7, Mathloom, D-rock and 8 others like this.